Can not install ImgBurn My AV says install exe has a virus

krazykat

I just downloaded the install exe ( setupImgburn_2.5.8.0.exe) from this website. I have Windows 7 PRO SP1. When I try to install, my AV program,  WEBROOT SECURE ANYWHERE, blocks the install and removes the file. WEBROOT says the file has a virus. I think that is a false positive, but I thought I would ask if any one has had this problem, and if so what they did to finish the install.

Thanks

ImgBurn admin,

Thanks for the prompt reply, really appreciated.  You wrote:

"Add an exception or turn it off for a few minutes."

I assume by "it", you mean disable Webroot  for  a few minutes while I download and install ImgBurn.  Then turn Webroot back on.  Or do you mean something else.

An additional question and comment.  I talked with Webroot about ImgBurn install being blocked. Webrootdownloaded the ImgBurn install file and had this report:  quote "  The program itself is 100% clean but it comes bundled with two programs that install a toolbar and change your default homepage".

I download from your ImgBurn website and would not expect additional, unwanted programs; maybe from third party download sites, but not ImgBurn. By the way, I have previously donated to ImgBurn.

Is that true?  I do not find any mention of the two additional programs on your download page or opt-out instructions.  How do I opt out of the two programs?

Your reply and comments appreciated.

krazykat

It doesn't come bundled with anything, the installer uses the OpenCandy plugin and that can offer 3rd party programs as part of the normal installation wizard. Just opt out of installing anything you're offered if you aren't interested. You do that the same way you opt out of anything... Usually by checking or unchecking a checkbox.

What it offers can change each time you run the installation wizard as the whole thing is dynamic. There's nothing included (bundled) with the setup file itself.

ImgBurn admin,

Thanks , again, for a quick response.  Webroot would not allow the install, so I never got the chance to see and opt-out of the bundled, extra, programs.  So, thanks for the information that I will see an op out screen sa part of the ImgBurn install process.

I did find an option on Webroot to "allow / do not remove" detected files.  Will give it a try.

krazykat

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.