Add drive offset correction

ra1nman

One feature I'd suggest adding to ImgBurn is the ability to specify your drive's read and write offset when ripping to bin/cue. This would be useful because it would ensure that if multiple people ripped the same disk, the md5 sums of their images would be identical.

• 2 months later...

I also vote for this feature. I know EAC supports burning with an offset, but EAC only works with a very limited number of drive models and my drive is not supported. Furthermore, there seems to be no other program in the world that will burn with an offset. imgburn has excellent drive support, so if an offset feature could be added, it would be the only burning program that supports many drives and allows burning with an offset.

My drive needs a write offset of -6, and without this feature, I have to open up cuetools and "fix" with a -6 offset, save a new cue image, and then burn that new image. Generating a new cd image can be very time consuming when working with more than a couple disks, so being able to burn directly with an offset would save a lot of time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.