Notepad wont open iso file

mancshell

Hiya guys i am new to the forum, and to imgburn :shakehands: 

Normally when i burn files to disc, I Open the iso file with notepad to copy the layerbreak number, But for some reason since yeterday i can not open the iso files at all with notepad the error message appears

THE C\:USER*********\ ISO FILE IS TOO LARGE FOR NOTEPAD,

USE ANOTHER EDITOR TO EDIT THE FILE

So i downloaded ultra edit to try to open the file with that but when it open all i see are numbers and weird codes, But not what i normally would see in notepad (eg layer break)

It's weird because before yesterday it worked but now wont,

i have also tried to read the layer break in imgburn by going to tools/ISO/ Display IFO Layer Break Information, But i then get a error message saying,

FAILED TO GET LAYER BREAK INFORMATION FROM IFO DATA

Does anyone know of another way i can get the info, i know sometimes the layer break number is

1913760 but if i sometimes put this number in the user specified sectors when i write the file to disc it doesnt match so i use 2133520 which then works,

i hope i am making sense, sorry been a long morning, thank for any help in advance :wink:

You've never opened the ISO, it's the .DVD file that you open in notepad.

Of course you aren't meant to be doing that at all. When left on 'calculate optimal', the program reads the value from the dvd file itself and uses it. You aren't meant to mess with anything manually.

Thanks for the reply, after all the confusion i went away and opened the dvd by chance and it actually opened and there was the layer break, i cant beleive i actualy was opening the wrong file especially after the amount of time ive done it, lol  i suppose these things happen, i did have a break from doing my discs, maybe i just forgot

thanks again

Edited by mancshell

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.