Clicks at start and end of pregap

Tode

I've been using Imgburn for some time but only recently created my own cue files including pregap.  I find that a moderately loud click appears at the beginning and end of the pregap.  I've tried it on two players.   I'm using the pregap to separate different musical items.   

Excerpt from log file attached showing the last two CDs I burned, both show this problem. ImgBurn excerpt.log

Thinking a bit harder, what produces a click seems to be having the audio sourced from more than one file, rather than a pregap as such.   (But I use pregap only with multiple files.) There is a click where one file ends and another where the next file begins.    I've examined typical files and they are perfectly normal.  The obvious thing to me was a DC offset but this isn't the case (so far as I can see in Audacity.)  Also all my audio files start with a fade in from silence and end with a fade out to silence. 

I've recorded sample clicks as replayed and they are extremely short, about 10 - 20 samples at 44100.

There is no click at the start of the CD, only at the end of the first file and the beginning of the second.

Here is a typical excerpt from a cue file. 

TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "File A 4"
    INDEX 01 22:28:36
FILE "File2.wav" BINARY
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
  PREGAP 00:09:00
    TITLE "File B 1"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

The TITLE line isn't necessary but is put in by the Label2Cue program so I left it.  It doesn't seem to make any difference whether I add the Pregap before or after the TITLE.

I can get round this problem by joining the files and adding digital silence as required but surely this shouldn't be necessary.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.