I tried to create a recovery disk iso

jhmac77

I finally figured out to copy hidden files.

I am trying to find an bootable file for my 10 gb recovery disk.   Still can't make my iso file bootable in for windows 8.1 recovery disk.   I also thought I was using the  forum. Sorry but I have a problem with reading the guides due to my attention deficit.  Thank you for your patience.

Jim

I finally found the answer to copying hidden files.  Now I can't get a bootable iso.  I need a file that will boot for my windows 8.1 recovery disk.  Apparently I have all the information except a file that will boot.

Can you help me?  I have not found an answer in the forum.  Thanks.

Jim

folder: sources

folder: efi

folder: boot

files: reagent.xml

bootmgr.efi

bootmgr

I'm sorry, I have no idea about what you're trying to do or where you've got the files from that you're trying to burn.

If windows 8 lets you make a recovery disc, I'd have assumed it would actually burn it itself... or at least give you an ISO to burn.

When I bought this laptop one of the first thing I did was create a 10 GB recovery disk through the windows 8.1 control panal under recovery.

I got these files((see above).  But I could not boot it.  I have a Lenovo Ideapad but don't know how to boot it.  I tried F12 but that did not work.

I tried to make it bootable and used rufus but rufus said there was no bootable file in the files and folders above. I know it is the recovery disk because of this file:  ReCreatePartitions.txt :

convert gpt
create partition primary size=1000
format quick fs=ntfs label="WINRE_DRV"
assign letter="W"
gpt attributes=0x8000000000000001
set id="de94bba4-06d1-4d40-a16a-bfd50179d6ac"
create partition efi size=260
format quick fs=fat32 label="SYSTEM_DRV"
assign letter="S"
create partition efi size=1000
format quick fs=fat32 label="LRS_ESP"
assign letter="I"
set id="bfbfafe7-a34f-448a-9a5b-6213eb736c22"
create partition msr size=128
create partition primary size=436224
format quick fs=ntfs label="Windows8_OS"
assign letter="T"
create partition primary
format quick fs=ntfs label="LENOVO"
assign letter="O"
shrink minimum=12288
create partition primary
format quick fs=ntfs label="PBR_DRV"
assign letter="Q"
set id="de94bba4-06d1-4d40-a16a-bfd50179d6ac"
exit
Lenovo's laptops with efi are not noted for being bootable except when one correctly uses F12.  Jim

Edited by jhmac77

You need to find someone that's done it. I'd be amazed if it wasn't already covered on google somewhere.

There's a guide on here for burning an OS installation disc, maybe something in that will apply. You need to find which file you're meant to be booting, the rest is easy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.