Strange Error Message

ernaniaroldo

Recently I get the following strange error message whenever I try to create audio CDs by using .cue files (.flac or .ape) saved to an external USB drive.

"TabletPC inking error code. The property was not found, or supported by the recognizer"

Please note that no Tablet PC is involved and I could burn fine with Image Burn any file saved in this USB drive in the past!

Please advise on how to proceed!

Thank you!

PS: Log attached

Edited by ernaniaroldo

Eventually I found out that the issue occurs only with cue flac images!

I've installed the mad flac program you suggest in your guides, however in case I disconnect the USB drive I need to re-install over and over again and keep the set up files saved in this drive, otherwise I get the afore-mentioned error message! Please note that this issue doesn't occur in ape files, only in flac!

Therefore I'd appreciate if you suggest some other program for flac DirectShow decoder that could be saved in the registry as ape does!

I attach a new log, hopefully it works this time!

Thanks again!

ImgBurn.log

I don't understand... can you not make a madFlac folder in your 'Program Files(x86) folder, put madFlac in it, register it and just leave it there?

It shouldn't matter where the files you're decoding through it are located.

As per my previous response, have you installed any codec packs?

I've tried it but it doesn't work that way, meaning that the mad flac folder should be located in the drive where the cue flac image files I need to burn are and I also need to re-install all the time before I start Image Burn in order to work!!!

I had K-Lite codec pack installed, however I removed it as useless because all the programs I use have their own codecs (apart from Image Burn). Please note that my main drive is an SSD of limited space and I need to save as much space as possible by removing useless programs!

Therefore I repeat if you could suggest some other decoder for flac only, because this is what causing me the problem, I'd be more than grateful!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.