M-Disc burn strategies for non-M-Disc ready burners

p.h.

As far as I know, such a thing is based on write strategies.  Those are imbedded in the firmware in the drive.  So, I'd think there's nothing that could be added to ImgBurn to make burning M-Discs are better.  ImgBurn just issues commands to the drive and it's up to the drive to interpret them.  However, by that same token, M-Disc drives might have different commands in them that ImgBurn could support.  So, bottom line is, I'm not sure.  :)  LUK would have to weigh in on that.

Thank you for your replies.

So the only way of achieving good quality M-Disc burns on my old LiteOn 20A4P would be to add M-Disc startegy to the burner's firmware.
I have seen some modified firmwares for other LiteOn burners (http://club.myce.com/). Some people do add some additional burn strategies to firmwares.

In a theory one could extract such a strategy from a burner, which has it and add it to an old firmware of any other drive of the same manufacturer.
Maybe this would be enough. The problem is, I doubt anyone would be interested in doing this for such an old burner.

Yes. I would love to. The problem is there is no single BD burner, that would allow to write both BD and DVD, and furthermore allow to check quality of recorded discs (I mean PIF/PIE/C1/C2 etc.).
I am get used to label each recorded disc with a unique number, check recording quality and store a graph with PIE/PIF. Then, from time to time, retest quality to check if the disc is still in good condition, or should be rerecorded, as it's quality got alarming.

So it seems I simply would like to get too much at a time ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.