ImgBurn re-arranges the files automatically...

my247inbox

I need to burn a disc that is a compilation of .Mp3 and .Mp4's.

The problem I'm having is that I want  to burn an .mp4(video file) followed by .mp3(audio file's) and they MUST be arranged in a particular order, one following the other. First an .mp3 then an .mp4 and so on...

When I try to "Write files/folders to disc" 

I am then able to select the different .mp3 and .mp4 files I would like to burn to Disc.

The only problem is that ImgBurn re-arranges my files automatically?!!

It will first group the .mp3 files then the .mp4's and will burn them successfully , but they are not arranged the way I selected them, It re-arranges the files automatically? First all of the .mp3's THEN all of the .mp4's

Nero 2015 does the same thing?!!

I really need the files to remain in a particular order when I burn them to disc, a dvdrom disc that 1st plays an audio file followed by a video and so on, one after the other!!

Please help

Edited by my247inbox

File systems (certainly iso9660 anyway) require the files to be listed alphabetically in the file system descriptors. That's why ImgBurn rearranges them.

If you want them to playback in a certain order, you may need software that can create a queue or playlist and play based on that.

How about appending a 1 - and 2 - etc. to the beginning of the file names?  If you don't mind that additional text, the sorting will be based starting with the 1 and 2 at the beginning.

Yes, excellent. Thank You!

I need the files to play "one after the other", once it has been burned to disc.

as opposed to having to open each file individually (one after the other)

is this called a "playlist" and do you know how I can arrange this?!!

Thank's again

One thing I forgot.  Use 01 and 02, etc.  Because 10, 11, etc. might be sorted after 1.  Then 20, 21, etc. might be sorted after 2.  Yes, it's idiotic but it may be programmed that way.

Ahhh....I see, thank you!!

Do you know how I can make the files play one after the other, automatically? (mp3 and mp4's)

Is this called a playlist, and do you know how I can do this??!

Thanks again!!

Playlists are dependent on the software you're using to play the sound files.  So, it's different for whatever player you're using.  The only playlists I've ever made are with WinAmp.  You can save these playlists to the hard drive but you're dependent on those files still being around on your HD for you to load them and play them.

Playlists are dependent on the software you're using to play the sound files.  So, it's different for whatever player you're using.  The only playlists I've ever made are with WinAmp.  You can save these playlists to the hard drive but you're dependent on those files still being around on your HD for you to load them and play them.

Got it!!! 

Thanks You.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.