Problem burning 50GB Blu-Ray discs (but not other kinds)

colman

Hi,

I have been successfully using ImgBurn to burn a variety of media, including CD-Rs, DVD-Rs, and Blu-Rays (25GB). I recently bought some 50GB blank Blu-Ray discs, and got the attached error message.. thinking it might be the brand of disc (RiData), I bought some Phillips 50GB Blu-Rays instead and am getting the same error message.. any idea what might be causing this? Or is either ImgBurn or my computer's Blu-Ray burner not capable of burning this large a disc?

Any help would be appreciated!

post-54972-0-52305900-1441043335_thumb.jpg

How old is this drive?  Have you been able to burn DL BD before?  Or is this your first time trying?  You're getting this on 2 different discs, but they DID could be the same, despite the name on the product label.  Can you post the log from the RiData and the Philips burns?  Or insert each type of BD DL into a drive and get the DID from the pane of info in Write mode.  They could be cheap CMC media, despite the name on the labels.  Or some kind of media your drive doesn't like, as LUK said.

However, if it could be the age of the drive, it is possible for a burner to write just fine to other brands of media but if it's gone bad, it may no longer write to one specific kind of media.  I had an LG that when it died it wrote everything fine except DVD+R DL media it had written to before.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.