Movies always stuck randomly on 50GB BD-RE DL

jai2power

Hi Team,

Samsung SE-506CB external bluray burner.

Samsung HT-F6550 Home Theater.

I manage to burn successfully movie ISO to verbatim 50gb BD-RE DL. But when play the movie at samsung bd player the movie always stuck randomly like the disc was damage. I have tried 4 movies size 45GB, burn successful but always stuck at certain point when play in samsung bd player. This problem are not happen if play the disc using PC.I tried to shrink the movie to 25GB and burn to the same disc and the movie play fine. Can you guys please help me what is causing this problem as i do not want to shrink downloaded 45GB movie to 25GB.

Also one other thing, everytime I want to re write again BD-RE DL i have to do full erase of the disc and it take 1 1/2 hour to complete the erase. Overwrite or quick erase always failed.

Sorry for my bad english.

Thank you.

Probably a drive compatibility issue with that kind of BD-RE DL you're using.  Are you using a Memorex, Ritek, or CMC BD-RE?  They can be problematic for playback on certain players.  For instance, the PS3 has playback issues with Memorex/Ritek BD-RE but not Verbatim's own non-CMC BD-RE.

Please post a log of one of these BD-RE DL burns or insert one of them into a drive in Write mode and check the right panel of information of the MID/DID/Disc ID/Manufacturer ID field and post that information here.

As for why Quick Erase fails, please post a log of a write where Quick Erase fails and/or post any error dialog information that pops up.

A quick erase is always pointless on bdre if you're about to write to the disc anyway. All it does is write zeros to the first few hundred sectors and no doubt what you burn will do that anyway.

You shouldn't need to keep full erasing the disc though. If the drive errors out during the burning process if you don't do it, it must have an issue with the discs.

Hi,

Thank you for the replay, for your information im using Verbatim BD-RE DL as picture below ;

post-158343-1352087660.jpg

The copied bluray movie always freeze randomly when play using my standalone bluray home theater player but not on my PC using power DVD.

But the freeze problem solved if I shrink 45GB movie to 25GB using DVDFAB. This is not a good thing because shrinking takes about 6 hours to completed.

Can you guys recommend me which brand BD-RE DL should i get so i can play without any problem using my stand alone samsung.

From what i read Verbatim BD-RE DL is the best DL media out there.

:(( :((

Thanks in advance.

I have those BD-RE DL's.  Actually, Verbatim doesn't make those.  Those are made by TDK.  Like their BD-RE, which is farmed out to CMC Magnetics, the worst manufacturer of optical media out there, Verbatim farmed out those BD-RE DL's to TDK.  I've not tested them for playing double layer Blu-Ray movies on.  I use them entirely for data backups.

The only BD-RE DL I used for playing Blu-Ray was back when Verbatim made their own BD-RE DL discs.  That one played without issue.  However, Verbatim no longer apparently makes their BD-RE SL or DL anymore.  In fact, everyone but Panasonic and Maxell farms out to CMC for their BD-RE SL's.

I can't tell you what discs to use as I've only ever used Verbatim made BD-RE DL for playing Blu-Ray movies.  I've not tested my TDK Verbatim BD-RE DL's for Blu-Ray movies.

As for why it works when you shrink it, the answer is most likely the change to the 2nd layer.  Your standalone player seems to have no problem focusing the laser to play the first layer.  However, your Blu-Ray player doesn't appear to be phase changing properly to the 2nd layer.  Hence why shrinking to 25 GB seems to work okay.   Unfortunately, this is most likely an issue where your Blu-Ray player just doesn't like those brand of TDK media.  Sort of like how the Playstation 3 doesn't like to play at all well with Ritek BD-RE.  And there's no way to fix that.  Or your issue could be BD-RE DL layer in general.  Your player may not play BD-RE DL well at all.  Or the issue may even be dual layer pressed Blu-Ray movies, too.

I would highly recommend avoiding all Sony products.  I had a Sony BD-RE and it died before its 5th write.  The only BD-R I ever had that failed to complete a write was, you guessed it, a Sony BD-R.  IMO, Sony has made 95% nothing but junk products since 2002.  I could go on about Sony junk I've had since 2002 but I won't bore you with the details.  :)

BTW, if you can get stuff sent to you from Amazon.com, here's the link to the Verbatim BD-RE DL I have tested.

http://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-Blu-ray-Double-ReWritable-97536/dp/B004Q9YPYI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1442890828&sr=8-1&keywords=verbatim+bd-re+dl

It's been a year and a half since I got mine, but the one I got worked fine.  It was made by Verbatim as I doubt CMC makes BD-RE DL's.  Hence why Verbatim also farms out to TDK for BD-RE DL's.  Otherwise, they'd farm them out to CMC.  So, I doubt these are CMC's now and are still quality Verbatim made ones.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.