some issue with burner

rookie_oty

Hello there,

last evening I tried to burn a single DVD9 (Verbatim MKM-003) from my internal laptop burner (hp DVD A  DS8A9SH EH62) with ImgBurn 2.5.8.0.

Before that I watched some tutorials and I was prepare for some errors after burning. I set ImgBurn just like this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ366QqMdz8

I staid with 2.5.8.0 version, I thought my way of burning will look the same like above.

I choosed x4 speed and checked "Perform OPC before write", I hoped it was a good way to burn a disc on my DVD-RW burner.

But strictly after clicking in "Burn" two messages popped out: first with question of "Force HyperTuning" enable (I didn't enable because I thought it's an option only for some LiteOn models) and the second (can't remember the content, it was something about BurnerMax Payload, I clicked "Yes" in hope it's the right way).

I prepared for truncate/overburn questions at the end of burning but there was none of them. There were no errors during burning, strange. Instead, I saw an error during during verification (about 49% of overall). I can't transfer this game on USB pendrive but I can play game from disc. However I believe the game will freeze during the gameplay, maybe in half of game or similar.

My log from ImgBurn is attached. Also screenshots from ImgBurn.

Can you guys tell me what I've been doing wrong? Is there a way to burn XGD3 in proper way?

Should I go back on 2.5.7.0 version to burn discs without issues like guy from link above?

Should I set the ImgBurn like here:

Was the buffer size settings a problem? Should I extend it? (my laptop has 8GB RAM if it's necessary)

Thank you in advance! I wish I could burn discs on my laptop.

ImgBurn.log

post-55148-0-42550500-1448455932_thumb.jpg

post-55148-0-70025400-1448455937_thumb.jpg

post-55148-0-61736900-1448455942_thumb.jpg

Thanks for reply. Your solution with default settings sounds reasonable but in all that X360 ecosystem it might be too easy :)

Got a question about layerbreak value: these youtubers showed two different numbers: 2086912 and 2133520 (the one I choosed). Which one is correct? Does it change anything?

I set x4 and checked "Perform OPC before write" but I noticed that it wasn't more than x3 during - was it a main problem? Should I try x2,4 with unchecked OPC?

I don't want to waste another disc if it's possible. I wish I could record it without any problems.

Should I uninstall 2.5.8.0 and go back to 2.5.7.0? I'm asking because I don't have that fancy iHas burner, I can use only internal burner which I mentioned above. That error was about I/O issue. As far I've seen change log I can't say if my internal burner might use BurnerMax Payload and Force HyperTuning options in a proper way.

There's no issue during XGD2 burning, nice and smooth with LayerBreak 1913760 with x2,4 speed.

Thank you for reply, I appreciate it!

PS. I'm sorry for my English, it's not my native language. I'm doing my best but I truly believe you understand my point :)

The layer break position is read from the .dvd file. You aren't meant to specify it manually at all... ever. Again, incorrect guides.

If you don't have the correct drive, you won't get a working disc. Even if it seems to burn ok, it'll just be unreadable around the layer break position.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.