Correct Order Of Creating a DVD with DVDFlick/IMGBurn/VobBlanker:

kenchun24

Hello,

I've used the awesome guides here at the IMGBurn Support forum anytime I needed help with problematic burn attempts. So far so good for the past few years, but as of late I cannot seem to get a burn right, and my last few DVD+R DL Verbatim discs have become coasters, which sucks.

Just wondering what is the correct order of steps I should follow? As I keep only getting half of a movie burned, I rarely see the "Create Layer Break" prompt when executing a burn, it has been going straight to either "Success!" (then when I play it it doesn't work) when using IMGBurn alone. Or "End of The World Problem" when doing a DVDFlick/IMGBurn combo on a few (now coaster) burn attempts. Then when I execute a VobBlanker set-up to correct the layer break, that seems to never get executed/saved when I attempt to burn afterwards. I don't know if it stores the file layer break info correctly, or if I'm missing a step.

Should I erase all "DVD_Root" folders/files and just start from scratch...and then what order?

1) Create an ISO file from the video file

2) Put that ISO file (Video_TS?) into a "DVD_Root" & "MOVIE_ROOT" folder

3) Create the layer break  within IMGBurn (sans VobBlanker) hopefully it pops up and allows me too

4) Then execute the burn

A few times my burn attempt also just saved a folder, and that's all, so a full DL Verbatim literally has a folder with data (Video_TS folder) and that's it when I try to play it on my BluRay/DVD player or XBoxOne.

Thanks!

kenchun24

All you need to do and should be doing is feeding the video_ts folder into ImgBurn's Build mode.

If you're burning direct to disc and click the calculate button, it should prompt you to select a layer break position - assuming your video_ts folder is large enough to spam both layers of the disc.

If you run into a problem when doing that, post the log so we can see what's happening.

Okay, tried a new "MOVIE_ROOT" burn after cleaning up a bunch of burn folders/files. 100% clean burn per your post (and the guide) instructions. For some reason I still got no layer break prompt, but the DVD plays perfect (full movie etc). Going to try a DVD Flick burn next so I can include chapters and a custom menu. If I have any issues I will post a log here.

Thanks again!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.