Burn a combined video and audio cd?

Gyvab

I tried to burn a cd that contains both the directorires AUDIO and VIDEO. In there are simply mp4 and mp3.

I thought this might be sufficient to make a vcr or player to play all the videos and audio. I think it works with the audio to play one after another but i was told that it does not work somehow for another person. She says she has to enable every file manually to play it. Which is not good of course.

I did not ask if it was video or audio.

So what can i do to make it automatically play all songs or videos one after another?

I believe there was a file i sometimes found in audio cds, it contained the titles and was some kind of playlist. Can i use something like this in each subdir?

Thank you!

Edited by Gyvab

I'd say this is dependent on each individual player.  For instance, if the player supports a file browser, then you can have AUDIO and VIDEO folders on a CD and be able to browse into the contents.  Some players, if not all, actually check why type of media is inserted and plays them accordingly.  For instance, on the PS3, it checks if you inserted a Blu-Ray with VIDEO_TS but won't play it because it detects Blu-Ray and wants to play it as a Blu-Ray.  It depends on the included file browser on the player.  For instance, on the PS3, you can insert a DVD with MP3's and use its audio player browser to play the disc as an MP3 "CD."  However, I don't think it supports putting video container files on a DVD and playing them as video files.  It only supports doing that from flash drives.  However, don't necessarily quote me as being right on that.  :)

It's all down to the players capability to play all the files you put on a disc.

Maybe the player that don't work has no support for playing mp4 files.

As for the play all at once is again down to player. Maybe some settings tweek to enable "Play All".

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.