Sorry, I didn't intend to annoy or critizise you, I was just trying to figure out what was happening.
I presented what I found out while trying to come up with a process that would give the same results as I was getting.
Didn't intend to impose my method or anything.
I guess tend to sound rather imposing, so I apologize for that.
So, the formula is "KiB/s / (150 / (2048 / MODE#)) = #X"?
Drom the previous quoted log for a MODE1/2048 operation, I'll take the reported "Maximum Write Rate: 2.451 KiB/s (14.2x)" and fill in the formula:
2451 / (150 / (2048 / 2048)) = 16.34 this would be the correct answer, but doesn't seem to match what the program spits out.
2451 / (150 / (2048 / 2352)) = 14,228027210884353741496598639456 does match indeed.
Now, If that's what's happening indeed, then RAW mode burns should always show the correct info,
but my previous MODE2/2352 @ 4x attempt that reported "691 KiB/s (3.5x)" reveals this:
691 / (150 / (2048 / 2352 )) = 4,01124716553287981859410430839 doesn't match at all
691 / (176 / (2048 / 2352 )) = 3,4186765615337043908472479901051 seems to match much better, but not quite.
perhaps, it needs a little further tweak: 176400 B/s doesn't translate to 176KiB/s, but rather, 172,265625 KiB/s, let's try that:
691 / (172 / (2048 / 2352 )) = 3,4981806676158835627274165480146
ah yes, that's much better.
So, it seems that, in the end, there is, indeed, some strange action here with mismatched sector sizes.
Until it gets eventually fixed some day, at least now I know what's going on with them crazy speeds
Anyway, thank you for taking your time and bearing with me. And for making ImgBurn, of course!