ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

CUE File has problems with m4a files: "Potential DirectShow Error! - No data has been received for 10 seconds."

Forum Rules

Read the Guides forum if you don't know how to do something. :readbook:
If you have a question or a problem, check the FAQ and use the Search to see if you can find the answer for yourself. :lightbulb:
If you're having trouble burning double layer media, read Here.
Still stuck? Create a new thread and describe your issue in detail.
Make sure you include a copy of the program's log in your post. No log = :chair:

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Benevoson

Benevoson

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:58 PM

I apologize in advance, for I believe that this is a very commonly asked question.

I've burned quite a few music CDS before with no problems using this program, but now it seems to be having issues. Is it perhaps the m4a format that the files are in?

Clicked "Browse for a File" on the CUE file builder and selected my music files. The first song goes up to 99%, hangs there for a few seconds, then I receive the following error message:

43cf46f97321139553bd9ca5f8b57402.png

The log file, if needed:

I 14:25:24 ImgBurn Version 2.5.8.0 started!

I 14:25:24 Microsoft Windows 8 Core x64 Edition (6.2, Build 9200)
I 14:25:24 Total Physical Memory: 4,078,264 KiB  -  Available: 1,291,936 KiB
I 14:25:24 Initialising SPTI...
I 14:25:24 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 14:25:25 -> Drive 1 - Info: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SN-208FB AS00 (D:) (SATA)
I 14:25:25 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM!
E 14:26:18 Potential DirectShow Error! - No data has been received for 10 seconds.
E 14:26:18 File Name: C:\Users\Gray\Music\System of a Down\Toxicity1 - Prison Song.m4a
E 14:26:18 Decoding Progress: 35,467,264 bytes
E 14:36:43 Potential DirectShow Error! - No data has been received for 20 seconds.
E 14:36:43 File Name: C:\Users\Gray\Music\System of a Down\Toxicity1 - Prison Song.m4a
E 14:36:43 Decoding Progress: 35,467,264 bytes
E 14:39:06 Potential DirectShow Error! - No data has been received for 10 seconds.
E 14:39:06 File Name: C:\Users\Gray\Music\System of a Down\Toxicity1 - Prison Song.m4a
E 14:39:06 Decoding Progress: 35,467,264 bytes

#2 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,593 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:41 AM

Right click the item that gets added to the cue window and pick the directshow filter list option.

Let me know what it says.

If the filter being used isn't at fault, there's something not right with the files.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#3 Benevoson

Benevoson

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:48 AM

Okie, here's what we got...

ef15594282b953e921be385de536e11a.png

#4 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,593 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:02 AM

Try with the filters mentioned in the guide.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/5555-how-to-write-...c-files-using-imgburn/?p=91374

Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#5 Benevoson

Benevoson

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:02 AM

Well that's not good! That got me a different error! Both adding the file to the list and trying to view its Directshow Filter List gives me this one:

84390b09a9eafeb5f5cca4a7d38d46c0.png

I tried installing both of the m4a filters that were on the list you linked to me. Either I didn't install them properly or I shouldn't have used both...

#6 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,593 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:16 AM

Try using one of the DirectShow filter manager tools to enable or disable the one you had originally and the two you've just added.
It could be a Windows 10 issue as no doubt they came out long before it did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users