Invalid address errors on 2 different disk drives

Musashi039

Hey all, been using ImgBurn without problem for quite a while until recently. SATA BD burner started getting invalid address error, happened multiple times with different sources, and discs from different stacks. I updated the driver, still had the problem. Checked the hard drive for errors, none found. So I figure drive is dying. Had a backup USB burner and that worked for a few discs and then started getting the same damn error. 

So what the hell gives? The only thing that I can think of is that I ran into 2 different bad stacks of discs, only I've been through half the stack on both and had no errors previously. Maybe I have a virus, running a full scan on Kaspersky but nothing found so far. Does anyone have any idea wth is happening? I've attached the 2 different log files. I would really appreciate any help or advice.

usbdrivelog.log

ImgBurn.log

Edited by Musashi039

I'm not familiar with BD burning as I don't own any BD related drive but most of the time it's the bad media.

Although you got succes with some till now they tend to be hit and miss.

All I can point you is that your USB drive have a newer firmware update. http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_2150-file_SE-506BB_TS01.exe.html

Also you can try a cleaning disc in the drive or change to different media and try all the available write speeds. Usually Verbatim is the recommended ones.

If I remember the log correctly, I believe the disc ID's were MEI's, which should be Panasonic.  So, they shouldn't be that bad as my first DVD-R's were Panasonics from 2002 back when they were $14 a piece!  :o  They're still playable today.  I use MEI BD-RE primarily and only ever had 1 die on me, but that was bad out of the stack as it wouldn't write after being formatted.

What a shock!  A USB drive that actually has a firmware update!  :o

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.