ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Questions errors burn

Forum Rules

Read the Guides forum if you don't know how to do something. :readbook:
If you have a question or a problem, check the FAQ and use the Search to see if you can find the answer for yourself. :lightbulb:
If you're having trouble burning double layer media, read Here.
Still stuck? Create a new thread and describe your issue in detail.
Make sure you include a copy of the program's log in your post. No log = :chair:

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#41 gamercr7

gamercr7

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:51 AM

Does mdisc use inorganic material? From what I read he uses inorganic material but the problem of longevity is glue and polycarbonate

#42 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,217 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:56 AM

If you've read it on their website, I'd say it's true. There's no reason for them to lie about it.

Only they can answer those sorts of technical questions.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#43 Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 11:12 PM

Mdisc uses an inorganic STONE based surface. On the contrary to standard method where lasers burn into the due, mdisc gets physically etched into it. Data degradation is physically impossible, now obviously that won't protect them from scratches, but when stored right data simply cannot deteriorate unlike standard discs.

Official Dutch (nl-BE) translator for:

Internet Download Manager, ALL Slysoft products, VSO ConvertXtoDVD, various joomla extensions & components

#44 gamercr7

gamercr7

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 02:05 PM

But there is a problem in mdisc, millenniata does not talk about adhesive glue and polycarbonate, will they die before the data layer? data layer not degrade, glue and polycarbonate degrade?

Edited by gamercr7, 23 December 2016 - 02:05 PM.

#45 Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:57 PM

Just because a certain party doesn't talk about a certain thing you immediately jump to the conclusion that there's a problem. Mdisc doesn't use a polycarbonate. The recording layer is made of a glassy carbon. Maybe you should read Wikipedia a little or do more research before jumping to conclusions. The exact properties of Mdisc are classed by millenniata as a 'trade secret'. You're not going to find the exact specs.

Now, I have said this once and I'm not going to repeat myself. You keep asking the same thing over and over about pie,pif, PIO on multiple forums and what else but you're never satisfied with the answers lightning UK gives you. Then you jump to a completely different thing such as Mdisc which has nothing to do with your initial 'questions'.

You have your answer, or do the research. I'm out. Happy holidays.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

Internet Download Manager, ALL Slysoft products, VSO ConvertXtoDVD, various joomla extensions & components

#46 gamercr7

gamercr7

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:11 PM

In all the sites I search say that the mdisc is made with 2 layers of polycarbonate glued, in the middle of the polycarbonate has the inorganic layer, I do not know where you found this information that mdisc does not use polycarbonate, the doubt is in the longevity of the polycarbonate And glue in mdisc, only the inorganic layer lasts 1000 years

#47 Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 06:13 PM

There's a difference between the normal polycarbonate standard discs use and the CARBON layer MDisc uses.

*out*

#48 gamercr7

gamercr7

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 06:20 PM

1 mdisc has polycarbonate different from polycarbonate of common dvds?

2 the glue mdisc is different too?

3 I see verbatim, ritek and many manufacturers producing mdisc, does that mdisc of those brands have the same quality as the original millenniata mdisc?

#49 Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:25 PM

1,2 nor 3 have anything to do with burn errors. Look it up? Using Google is hard yes?

#50 gamercr7

gamercr7

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 11:39 AM

what best configuration of imgburn for write mdisc?

#51 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,217 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:31 PM

The defaults work fine.

There's very little to actually configure for burning discs. The drive and firmware control all the technical stuff. Software pretty much just sends the data.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#52 gamercr7

gamercr7

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:58 PM

1 virtual clonedrive or daemon tools can disrupt the dvd drive and disrupt disk burning? disable drive of the virtual e daemon tools?

2 is it possible to restore imgburn settings?

3 Does my lite-on drive iHAS122-14 FU frmware EL06 have any updates available?

Edited by gamercr7, 24 December 2016 - 12:59 PM.

#53 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,217 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 02:46 PM

1. No
2. Yes, using the aptly named 'Restore Defaults' button within the settings.
3. No

#54 gamercr7

gamercr7

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 03:13 PM

Can active processes in windows 10 damage the burning or scandisc of dvd? How do you disable them?

#55 Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 05:17 PM

No they can't. Disable via task manager, but if you don't know EXACTLY what you're doing you'll cause system instability. You just don't give up do you? More and more questions way beyond op.

#56 gamercr7

gamercr7

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 11:04 PM

How to burn a disk in imgburn showing folder? Already burned disks in imgburn, I had the files in folder but after burning the disk they did not stay in the folder inside the disk

#57 Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 11:22 PM

Again not related to burn errors. Why do you keep going further away from the original issue. Different 'questions' : different topic

Mode selector - burn folders to disc - done. Imgburn burns exactly what you tell it to burn. If you select a folder it will burn the folder and it's contents. If you only select the folder contents then it only burns that.

It's not possible that you select a folder with contents and imgburn only burning the contents and not the folder too.

Anyway out for good now. No doubt after this round of questions you'll come up with some more, again not related to the original topic questions.

Cya

#58 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,217 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 01:19 AM

Actually, that can happen if you're in standard input mode and only add 1 folder. It'll prompt you to ask if that folder represents what should be the root folder of the disc.
What happens to that folder then depends on your answer.

I don't mind if the op asks extra questions in their topic. I'd rather that than them hijack someone else's.

#59 gamercr7

gamercr7

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 01:31 AM

I do not know which root option to choose, I want to insert the disk to show the folder

#60 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,217 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 09:33 AM

Ok, so I added 1 folder to the little 'source' box.

When I go the burn the disc, I'm presented with this messagebox.

2016-12-25_09-29-35.png

It's relatively clear to me as to what I'd do in your situation, but I realise you're not a native speaker of the English language.

You'd need to click 'No' if you want the actual folder in the root of the disc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users