Burning problem frozen at 71%

PT5150

Hi

I am new to using ImgBurn

I am burning a disc were I am frozen at 71%

With the message saying

Not Ready Drive can’t Write inserted disc     which was a brand new disc…

Also this is the bottom messages on ImgBurn log

I 14:11:43 Read Speed - Effective: 6.7x - 16x
I 14:11:43 Verifying Session 1 of 1... (1 Track, LBA: 0 - 1625055)
I 14:11:43 Verifying Track 1 of 1... (MODE1/2048, LBA: 0 - 1625055)
I 14:15:39 Exporting Graph Data...
I 14:15:39 Graph Data File: C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Roaming\ImgBurn\Graph Data Files\HL-DT-ST_DVDRAM_GH24NSC0_LK00_SATURDAY-24-DECEMBER-2016_2-06_PM_RITEKF1_MAX.ibg
I 14:15:39 Export Successfully Completed!
I 14:15:39 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:03:55
I 14:15:39 Average Verify Rate: 13,889 KiB/s (10.3x) - Maximum Verify Rate: 19,167 KiB/s (14.2x)

Any advice would be great...

Thanks..

I'm not sure I can see a problem there?!

The chunk of log you've posted makes it look like it's burnt and verified the disc ok.

The message you're seeing in the status bar is what I'd expect to see when a burnt disc is in the drive and you're back on the main 'Write' mode screen.

So where's this 71% coming from?

I am guessing, since he said that was the bottom of the log, that that was just a read from another disc.  If I had to make another guess, that log isn't from the burn in question.

Check the bottom of the disc and make sure it hasn't actually been burned.  There will be different colors to the part of the disc that was burnt.  You might have received already opened and returned discs that have already been burned.  It does happen.

However, how can it say it can't write the disc if it is stuck at 71% burning?  I'm guessing he cancelled the burned and the disc was still in the drive?  That's why it would say it cannot be written to.  It's already been written to, even though the burn didn't complete, it was partly burned and therefore unable to be written to.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.