Verification failed

nicoliani

I burned a 100 GB disc with video in CDBurnerXP. After the burn it verified the disc as failed. I'm not sure if there are some slights of error in some videos in them, because they can all be played.

I verified it again with ImgBurn and it didn't show any errors. I as well edited an image file to make it different from what it was as source. So now on my disc this file is different and on the disc it's the "original", yet verification didn't pick up that change, so makes me wonder if the verification doesn't spot errors as this and only looks for disc scratches, which is strange as CDBurnerXP gave me a fault, and it's probably correct because I was using my PC during the burn.

How can I  make sure with any other verification that the files on the disc are 100% correct as the files on my disc?

ImgBurn compares sector by sector at byte level.

If you've modified the image file after burning it, it should pick up on it and list it as a miscompare.

Please post the log from where you verified the disc.

Yes I modified the file with Paint.

Now I deleted all the files on my hard drive. I open up ImgBurner, select Verify and click on Verify. It doesn't seem to take into account or try to verify the source files on my hard drive, as the job continues without errors. It's not an image file, just random video files and images...

Oh sorry, I thought you were verifying it against a disc image file (ISO).

Without one of those to compare against, it won't find any miscompares and will just be checking the disc is readable in its entirety.

So then there is not even necessary for verification to autorun when you burn a disc if it's not an ISO file.

If you burn using ImgBurn in Build mode (and the option to verify is enabled), it'll recreate the 'virtual' image (built up from your files/folders) and so verification will still be at byte level and miscompares will be picked up.

Doing it after the fact when you don't have an ISO to compare against will mean it just checks the sectors are readable.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.