Double layer doesn't fit the drive?

atomickaiserklein

Hi,

first of all I'd like to say that I read the Post "DL burning Problems", written in 2008.

I tried to burn an .iso-file on a VERBATIM DVD +R DL. At the beginning anything went well, but at the end I got the message that the written copy wasn't exact ly the same like the original. One of the reason could be that the DVD doesn't fit the drive.

Afterwards I tried other DVD's of different suppliers, but it also failed.

Attached you'll find information about my drive. I tried to update the driver and got the message that it is up to date. And I got the information that the drive supports the DVD+R DL standard. 

I have no clue whats going wrong. Any ideas? Please help. 

Thanks in advance,

Christianpost-55932-0-29615900-1486212840_thumb.jpg

So were you talking about the problems your drive ran into whilst trying to verify the disc? Namely, the 'Unrecovered Read Error' ?

Your disc that burnt and verified ok was a 'MKM-003-00' one. The one that failed was a 'RITEK-S04-66' one.

I don't see any other issue in the log.

If you have a choice, use the MKM Verbatim DVD+R DL over the Ritek ones.  The Ritek one is probably why it failed.  Verbatim is the only quality maker of DVD+R DL.  I tested 5 Ritek ones a few years ago and when I tried to read them back last year, over half weren't even recognized as discs for reading from.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.