Burning DVD Files

Lightning Bolt

Not long ago I got a newer PC and just started burning some of my ripped DVDs. Before I installed ImgBurn the burning software that came with my PC wasn't burning the files correctly because the only option was to burn the DVD files as a data DVD. This did not quite work well when I tried playing the burnt disc. I then got your software and the first time I did a burn it did not burn correctly. This time I selected the actual folder with the files in it and it burnt better.

The DVD plays great in my BD player connected to my TV but I still have problems playing it on my PC as it takes a little bit for PowerDVD 12 to read and then play the main movie and DVD menu. I couldn't play the 2 trailers on the disc. Could the problem might be the rip from the original disc that the there could be something wrong with part of the DVD files being ripped to my PC? It is strange though because all the files play without problems on my PC before being burnt. Another thing is I did notice from the log that the disc actually burnt at 11x. Since it burnt at 11x should I try burning the DVD files at 11x or do I not need to use a lower burn speed so when I burn the DVD files I do not have the read problems when trying to play the burnt DVD on my PC? Thanks.

Edit: Ok, I figured out how to upload my log file from my burn. If it could be the media I am using why would I have no issues with ripping and then burning but have issues reading the disc? Thank you.

ImgBurn.log

Edited by Lightning Bolt

Hm, it is unusual you don't have a problem playing this disc on your stand alone player, but you do on your PC drive.  Since your files play fine from the hard drive and the disc plays in a stand alone apparently fine, the problem must be in your PC drive.

Hm, it is unusual you don't have a problem playing this disc on your stand alone player, but you do on your PC drive.  Since your files play fine from the hard drive and the disc plays in a stand alone apparently fine, the problem must be in your PC drive.

I know and this new desktop PC is only about 9 months old even though it came with Win8.1. I was having trouble burning this 1 DVD recently after not burning my DVD rips for a while since I got the new PC. Why would I have not had this problem when I had my old XP desktop before it died? Everything there was older and did work differently definitely the burning software I used. Would I need to look into getting a better RW disc drive that might read the discs better. I have no problem reading data discs to install software and so forth. I have not tried playing a music CD though. I wouldn't think any of that would matter though.

Should I try playing the burnt DVD in a different PC to see if the same thing happens, since I am having read problems with my desktop? Another thing the DVD rips are on a external HDD and I do not think that should have anything to do with burning the DVD disc?

Edit: Ok, I will have to try that at some point and when I do I will update to what happens. Right now I do not have my laptop out to try this as of yet. Thanks.

Edited by Lightning Bolt

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.