CD-TEXT

ccrazycat

Hello there and compliment for this great software.

I have an issue with CD-text and I am sure the issue is on my side.

I am trying to get CD-text to appear on my cd car reader as the one I record using Nero or Roxio. With those software I just choose the option to write CD-text and my reader would show at first the title of the album and then the name of the track with in front the number of the track.

Using IMGBURN I am not able to get that. I am able to get at first the name of the album and then the name of each track but without number in front...that makes it difficult to locate exactly where the track is on the CD list.

Here's how I set the file.

I open 'create a CUE file' and drag the tracks in the window. After the import I select 'session 1' and on the CD-TEXT line I selct 'TAG'...hit OK and save the CUE file in the same folder with the songs...

I have tried a couple of different option, like selecting 'FILE NAME' but the CD burned that way does not show any information in my car.

Could you also explain what is the purpose of 'default CD-TEXT (disc/track) with the 2 drop down manus and how to use them?

I looked for a guide but couldn't find one.

Thank you very much.

s

Couldn't find a guide? Did you try looking in the 'Guides' forum?! Admittedly, there's no CD-TEXT guide, but I think the 'Default' options should be covered in the settings one in there.

The 'Default' options are what gets applied to each disc/track... without you having to do it manually.

So if you always want the program to fill out the CD-TEXT fields with info from ID3 Tags (and variations of them), you'd choose 'Tag' for both of them.

At 'Disc' level, you're filling out the album title / artist.

At 'Track' level, you're filling out the track title / artist.

Unless your files have the track number contained within the track name/title field in the tag, that info isn't going to be present in the corresponding field within CD-TEXT and I'm afraid there's no automatic way of doing that.

To do it manually, have the program read the title from the files via its 'tag' and then switch to the 'custom' method (the info pulled from the 'tag' is retained). You can then prefix the title with the track number by typing it in. You'd have to do that for every individual track.

If the GUI method feels too time consuming, save the CUE file, open it in notepad and then edit it directly.

Thank you for your reply.

Thinking about what you wrote I think I found a workaround to the situation.

I copied the files to a dedicated folder on the desktop and then used MP3TAG to add the track number in front of the track title.

Is a 1-click automatic operation.

Works perfectly that way.

Thank you again

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.