ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Blu-ray burning fails during verification

Forum Rules

Read the Guides forum if you don't know how to do something. :readbook:
If you have a question or a problem, check the FAQ and use the Search to see if you can find the answer for yourself. :lightbulb:
If you're having trouble burning double layer media, read Here.
Still stuck? Create a new thread and describe your issue in detail.
Make sure you include a copy of the program's log in your post. No log = :chair:

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Marcial

Marcial

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:34 AM

Wow, it could be very complicated. I see now what I got into since I started burning blu-rays; never had problems with AnyDVD ripping and burning with 1 Click DVD Copy. That is regular DVDs.

By the way, I just updated the firmware for that Pioneer and it seems it went well. I would like to do the same with my other burner, an LG, but I can't find its model anywhere unless I open the tower of my PC, which I hate to do. Is there other way to find out? I am pretty sure there is but I don't know it.

Edited by Marcial, 01 May 2017 - 02:35 AM.

#22 dbminter

dbminter

ISF God

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,402 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:45 AM

It used to be worse.  When I first started the world of DVD burning 15 years ago, there was only 1x media.  And what would invariably happen is you'd get to 99% complete on a burn and then it would crap out, wasting an hour's time.  :angry:

DVD Copy probably didn't do Verifies or back when you were using it, the Pioneer was still alive.

The easiest way to determine if you have a firmware update is open ImgBurn in write mode and select the drive you want to check the firmware for from the drop down list of target drives in Write mode.  Right click on the drive entry in the bar and choose Check for firmware update in the context menu.  It will tell you your current revision before opening your web browser to the firmware site ImgBurn checks.  Now, sometimes the site won't find firmware for your drive based on its drive string.  USB drives are notorious for not being found on that site.

And if you want to check the model manually, open ImgBurn and in the log window that displays opening information on startup of ImgBurn, find your drive listed in the log.  It will tell you the drive model string and firmware version currently installed.  Now, sometimes model drive strings are vastly different from what the model name actually is.  But, it beats cracking open the tower unless you have to.

#23 Marcial

Marcial

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 03:20 AM

Yeah, it was easy after your explanation. It says: "This feature automates the search on http://www.firmwarehq.com. You must be connected to the internet in order for it to work! By the way, your current firmware version is 1.00 (1.00-A2)."

So I guess it does automatically.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users