I'm trying to make a bootable disc of Service Pack 1 with no luck

Dioxazine

I want to make a bootable disc of Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1 but so far no luck. I have a folder on my drive with all the files that this Service Pack contains. I've tried loading these files and or folders into ImgBurn and I've told it to make disc bootable, but then it asks me to find a file that will serve as the boot image?

Why do I need to tell it that?

I thought ImgBurn was supposed to make my boot image file from the folders that I've loaded into the box. So why is it asking me to find the file that will act as the boot image?

Everything I've tried so far has not worked.

I would like to make the resulting disc so that when it's in my optical drive and I double-click on the drive the automatic setup file with the splash screen will run. That way I won't have to search the contents of the disc and manually click on the setup file.

Please advise...

Yeah, you won't need a bootable disc for that type of program contents.  You can always make it bootable, but you will always need some kind of boot image to tell ImgBurn how to make it bootable.  ImgBurn can't just make a disc bootable based on what files and folders you tell it to include on the disc.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.