ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

DVD-5 VIDEO_TS in a DVD-9 image

Forum Rules

Read the Guides forum if you don't know how to do something. :readbook:
If you have a question or a problem, check the FAQ and use the Search to see if you can find the answer for yourself. :lightbulb:
If you're having trouble burning double layer media, read Here.
Still stuck? Create a new thread and describe your issue in detail.
Make sure you include a copy of the program's log in your post. No log = :chair:

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dbminter

dbminter

ISF God

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,541 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:13 AM

Let's say we have a VIDEO_TS that will fit on a DVD-5.  We add that VIDEO_TS to a job that includes some root directory folders that increase the image size from a DVD-5 to a DVD-9.  Where does ImgBurn "place" the VIDEO_TS?  Layer 0 or Layer 1?  Is there something in the DVD standard that says VIDEO_TS has to be on Layer 0 or start at Layer 0 and can expand beyond to Layer 1?

I guess it may matter depending on the size of VIDEO_TS and the size of the extra contents?  Meaning if the VIDEO_TS fits on the smaller layer, VIDEO_TS could go to that layer and the bigger layer for the rest of the data? 

I'm guessing Layer 0 is larger than Layer 1?  I know that one layer is smaller in size than the other and I just guessed that Layer 0 is the bigger of the two.  :unsure:

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users