Hello, new to the forum so be gentle.
Spent the last two days skimming through articles on the 'net, with the ImgBurn forum as primary source, of course. Burned before with downloading codec packs and M$ scaring the bejeezers about such "packs."
I've read the following posts:
- How-To from 2009: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/5555-how-to-write-...c-files-using-imgburn/?p=58723
- Links referencing recommended codecs/plug-ins, with Orban and CoreAAC as the go-to, but various users have experienced issues: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/5555-how-to-write-...c-files-using-imgburn/?p=91374
- 2016 post that seems to refer back to the above codec links, implying it is still current: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/24236-cue-file-has...eived-for-10-seconds/?p=158273
- 2010 post recommending DC-Bass Source filter, one that was also referenced in a Windows support forum to provide additional capabilities for WMP12: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/13690-alac-m4a-music-files/?p=112533
- 2013 posts that seems to directly state that M4A is supported in 2.5.8 of ImgBurn: https://www.techspot.com/downloads/3285-imgburn.html
- 2016 post that seems to confirm the above: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/24062-m4a-supported-for-audio-cd-creation/?p=157514
I am getting an error that seems to indicate that I still lack the filter, even though my native WMP12(?) can play the M4A file directly, I thought that if at least one media player in the system can directly play the file, it has the codecs that can be used by ImgBurn. Or, is being able to play the file not indicative of the required filter/codec?
Excerpt of log below with just one of the many files:
I 15:22:49 ImgBurn Version 22.214.171.124 started!
I 15:22:49 Microsoft Windows 8 Professional x64 Edition (6.2, Build 9200)
I 15:22:49 Total Physical Memory: 12,470,160 KiB - Available: 8,525,396 KiB
I 15:22:49 Initialising SPTI...
I 15:22:49 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 15:22:51 -> Drive 1 - Info: hp DVDRW SU228HB HH00 (E:) (SATA)
I 15:22:51 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM!
E 15:23:19 ConnectFilters(Source, Sample Grabber) Failed!
E 15:23:19 File Name: C:\Users\User\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\TKA\Greatest Hits\02 Come Get My Love.m4a
E 15:23:19 Reason: No combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the connection.
E 15:23:19 Hint: You may need to install some additional DirectShow filters in order to support files of this type or the file might be corrupt.
I have tried running ImgBurn as an Admin but did not have much hope since ImgBurn has worked flawlessly with data CD/DVD/BD-R burning, etc.