ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

I/O device error, then works like normal

Forum Rules

Read the Guides forum if you don't know how to do something. :readbook:
If you have a question or a problem, check the FAQ and use the Search to see if you can find the answer for yourself. :lightbulb:
If you're having trouble burning double layer media, read Here.
Still stuck? Create a new thread and describe your issue in detail.
Make sure you include a copy of the program's log in your post. No log = :chair:

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Anesred

Anesred

ISF Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:44 PM

I burned a few audio CD's, and everytime I was making a new .cue file, the first time burning the file I was getting an I/O device error, which ruined a perfectly good disk. When I put another disk in, it worked like normal. Any idea why is it happening?

#2 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,255 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:07 PM

If it was perfectly good, your drive wouldn't have errored out :)

If you post the log from that burn session, we'll be able to tell you more.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#3 RobRoy

RobRoy

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:09 AM

If it was perfectly good, your drive wouldn't have errored out :)

If you post the log from that burn session, we'll be able to tell you more.

Seems like that's your answer for everything.   It's never the application.   Bare in mind, you haven't updated the application in over 3 years!  So don't you think it's possible that your code may need a bit of tweaking?

#4 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,255 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:13 PM

Yes, it pretty much is my answer for everything... and 99% of the time, it's the correct answer.

Optical drives conform to a standard. That standard hasn't changed and therefore programs don't need to either.

The program actually does very little beside just send the data to the drive. All the technical stuff is done by the drive and its firmware. If it can't write to a certain bit (sector or whatever) on the disc, that's totally out of my hands. It's a hardware (be it the drive or the media) issue.

If you'd like me to take a look at the log for your specific case, I'm happy to do so.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users