ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

MP4 probs

Forum Rules

Read the Guides forum if you don't know how to do something. :readbook:
If you have a question or a problem, check the FAQ and use the Search to see if you can find the answer for yourself. :lightbulb:
If you're having trouble burning double layer media, read Here.
Still stuck? Create a new thread and describe your issue in detail.
Make sure you include a copy of the program's log in your post. No log = :chair:

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 philc76

philc76

ISF Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:15 PM

Hi all , i burn a lot of discs using Image burn that are from MP4 format, however they do not play on my dvd player.........CANNOT READ THIS FILE. am i doing it wrong or do they simply not play on dvd players. Any help would be gratefully received.

#2 Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:56 PM

Simple. Your player doesn't support playing MP4 files. When you burn an MP4 all you're doing is creating a data data disc with an MP4 on or. You'll need to convert that MP4 to an actual DVD structure.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Official Dutch (nl-BE) translator for:

Internet Download Manager, ALL Slysoft products, VSO ConvertXtoDVD, various joomla extensions & components

#3 dbminter

dbminter

ISF God

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:15 PM

Yeah, if your DVD player doesn't support MP4 container playback, it will return it cannot read that file.  As Ch3vron said, you will need to either convert to a VIDEO_TS structure for DVD playback or use some converter software to convert the MP4 into a different container file that your player supports.  If your player even supports any container file playback.  Older ones don't and not even all newer ones do.  For instance, in wasn't until I got a Playstation 3 in 2011 that I had a "DVD player" that supported things like AVI, MP4, MP3, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users