Copy file list from txt file into imgburn

KnightRid

Hi, I have a list of files with full paths in a txt file that I need to burn to a disc, can I do this with imgburn? I know I can copy each line and paste into the source box in build but it will not let me paste multiple items at a time. This is something I will have to do on a regular basis so it would be a lot less time consuming if I could auto find the files, save to txt file and then just copy/paste from that txt file directly into imgburn build mode.

I did read something in the last few hours of trying to figure out if I could do this that there may be a way using a command line option? If so, could I use the command line to grab the files/locations from the txt file (or lst file, I remember reading something about .lst ) and then save the project so I could open in the gui or would everything need to be done command line style? If I could save the project then I could just use a bat file to create the project each time I need it, save it, then just load it in the gui when it has to be burnt.

I know, I want a lot :)

Thank You

Mike

From the readme.txt file...

/SRCLIST "<File Name>"

Used to specify a text file that represents a basic list of folders / files to be added to the 'Source' box.

Only applies to BUILD mode.

Example: /SRCLIST "C:\BackupList.txt"

Ok but how can I save it as a project to open in the GUI at a later date? I could be a total idiot but it seems the command line only lets you burn right then and there? Do I have to do the /BUILDOUTPUTMODE <IMAGEFILE> and then load the imagefile into the gui when I want to burn? I was hoping to not have to create an entire image since the files will still be on the NAS (with backups) as that would just take up double the space. Of course the /DESt would be needed also so i could name the files but I should be able to just use %date in the BAT file to create the name based on the date, which should work at least 99.9% of the time for what I need. I just really do not want to have at least 300 extra image files on the NAS + double that due to the backup of them also.

I would guess you could always make a .BAT file calling the .EXE with the command line option if you can't get a Project file saved that way. 

See, like i said, I am an idiot! So simple a solution that could have smacked me in the face and I totally missed it. Been a long week lol. I will give the above suggestions a try.

Thank you for the help.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.