Negative device buffer?

UED

I'm not sure if it's a bug but something was weird then I burned two DVD+R DL (Verbatim) using BE08LU20 (last firmware).

It showed me a negative device buffer. It said '-6300%'. Does anyone what happened there?

I've got two other small questions:

1. The device buffer is usually for a CD full at 25% and for a Blu-Ray 94%. Are those fine?

2. I burned today a data Blu-Ray and he lost the buffer twice (Waiting for buffers to recover...). He had to burn a lot of very small files. Is it possible that he lost the buffers because of that tiny files? The disc was fine during verifciation.

post-11956-0-51110000-1503947333_thumb.png

Edited by UED

I wouldn't be too worried about it.  Computers often times guestimate and programs make wildly inaccurate guesses.  For instance, when I use Handbrake to convert video files, it will say initially that the time remaining to finish is -1:01.  After a few seconds, it adds in the appropriate "real" values.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, that random values aren't really unknown for me. But the negative 6300% didn't change on two DVD+R DL. To be honest I can't tell how it was in the past (long time ago I burned another DVD DL).

But the discs is pretty fine. I checked them on multiple devices.

The value comes from the drive itself. So, for whatever reason, it returned weird sizes for the buffer itself and/or the amount used.

If it keeps doing it, you could enable I/O debug mode so it logs the size of the buffer before it starts to burn and captures the usage (again, as reported by the drive) during the actual burning phase.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.