Pc reboot as soon as I try to burn

Mobius

Hello !

I'm a big user of DVDDecrypter and ImgBurn, and it's the first time I see that...

Each time I try to burn a dvd (with both these soft, but also with any soft), my pc reboot. No shutdown, no error message, no blue screen or whatever, just a reboot, at the very beginning of the process. With DVDDecrypter or ImgBurn, the reboot happens so soon that the burning process doesn't even begin...but with other softs, the reboot happens at 2 or 3% of the burning process, wasting a disc.

I'm quite a good tech, I tried each and every thing you can find here and there on forums and sites...changing plugs, master-slave and so on, updating drivers, uninstalling/reinstalling drivers and softs, checking the power, checking for viruses/adwares/etc...

I've had many issues recently, when I bought a SSD : impossible to boot when the SSD and HDD were plugged...could it be that the SSD is once again the problem ?

Little detail that may count : on DVDDecrypter and ImgBurn, when in 'Write' mode, the button to click when you want to burn is supposed to be inactive if the soft doesn't detect an empty disc AND a image file to burn on the disc.

But here, it's active as soon as I put the disc, without choosing a file...and if I click it, the pc reboot.

Please, someone...an idea ? T__T

Does the same thing happen if you boot windows in safe mode? To not even get a BSOD (assuming that part of windows is functioning correctly), I'd say it must be motherboard or PSU related.

As for your 'little detail', that's normal. If you have a blank disc in the drive but haven't selected an image file, it'll prompt you to pick one when you click the 'write' button.

Ok, the iso I wanted to burn was on my SSD. When I placed it on a USB storage, everything went right...I'll try again to check if the problem comes from the fact that the file to burn is on my SSD, but it seems the problem is here...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.