ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Weird question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zurst

zurst

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:54 PM

Hi all, a friend has told me that when he burns blu-rays, writing speed always drops to the half he set up, and the reason is due to 'somekind of verification', he barely can be more accurate, 'he read it somewhere'.

So, if he is burning at 4X he only achieves 2X and so on. Is there any kind of explanation for this?. I only can imagine the reason could be the media writing speed limits, but he told me is using the same blu-rays that I'm using, and those ones have higher speed limits :whatever:

Btw he is using linux, I already told him to try imgburn. And their burner seems to be the same one I have, Pioneer 209-DBK.

Kind regards

#2 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,255 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:58 PM

If the disk has been formatted with spare areas enabled, the drive will enable its defect management feature and will automatically verify as it burns. That's what makes it burn at half the speed it's set to.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#3 zurst

zurst

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:25 PM

If the disk has been formatted with spare areas enabled, the drive will enable its defect management feature and will automatically verify as it burns. That's what makes it burn at half the speed it's set to.

Thank you so much LUK, awesome info as always :)

Kind regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users