ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

ImgBurn 2.5.8.0 and Windows Server 2016 Essentials

Forum Rules

Read the Guides forum if you don't know how to do something. :readbook:
If you have a question or a problem, check the FAQ and use the Search to see if you can find the answer for yourself. :lightbulb:
If you're having trouble burning double layer media, read Here.
Still stuck? Create a new thread and describe your issue in detail.
Make sure you include a copy of the program's log in your post. No log = :chair:

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 I Know Things

I Know Things

ISF Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:45 PM

Hi guys,

I've been testing Server 2016 Essentials on one of my spare computers. It is just a workstation running server 2016 Essentials. It isn't configured as a domain controller or dhcp server.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find the permissions I need to change in Server 2016 Essentials to get ImgBurn 2.5.8.0 working in a standard user account. I keep getting the error: "You need Administrative privileges to use SPTI". When I right-click and run ImgBurn as administrator it works fine of course.

I looked all over the net and tried enabling and disabling every combination of the following GPOs but none of them made a difference:

1. Devices: Restrict CD-ROM access to locally logged-on user only  (AllocateCDRoms)
2. Devices: Allowed to format and eject removable media                  (AllocateDASD)
3. CD and DVD: Deny read access
4. CD and DVD: Deny write access

In Windows 10 Pro, ImgBurn works perfectly in a standard user. No need for administrative permissions or GPOs.

Does anyone have any idea what is different with Server 2016 Essentials vs Windows 10 Pro that I need to configure?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users