ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

@ Dbminter, what is the model of you're Asus burner ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jack5097

Jack5097

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:58 PM

Hi Dbminter,

What is the model or series of you're Asus burner ?

It would be awesome, to have a burner that passes every single media read and write test.

Maybe I can still find one, here or there.

Thanks

Jack

#2 dbminter

dbminter

ISF God

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,504 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 12:00 AM

Hate to burst your bubble, but ASUS no longer manufacturers my USB BD drive.  And do NOT get their latest internal burner, the BW-16D1HT!  I tried two of them and both had the same fatal flaw, so it's a design problem with the drive: they destroy rewritable media!  :rolleyes:  Ritek 8x DVD+RW and Verbatim BD-RE DL are all borked and unusable after the ASUS writes to them.

However, IF you can find one, it's the BW-12D1S-U.  Now, ASUS DOES make this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071VP89X1/ref=sr_ob_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1509752901&sr=8-2

The BW-16D1X-U listed above MAY be the internal ASUS junk model I had in an external enclosure.  The two drives have relatively similar drive strings in their names, so I have a feeling this USB drive is just their junk internal BD burner in a USB enclosure.

However, I haven't tried BD-R DL in my ASUS, only BD-RE DL.  You seem to want my drive for your BD-R DL issue I replied to in another thread.  So, I can't say if that particular ASUS will work for your need or not.  Sorry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users