ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Got these errors trying to burn to a 50gig Verbatim Disc

Forum Rules

Read the Guides forum if you don't know how to do something. :readbook:
If you have a question or a problem, check the FAQ and use the Search to see if you can find the answer for yourself. :lightbulb:
If you're having trouble burning double layer media, read Here.
Still stuck? Create a new thread and describe your issue in detail.
Make sure you include a copy of the program's log in your post. No log = :chair:

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,380 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:58 AM

Nothing has been 'capped', it (Roxio) probably enabled defect management by (re)formatting with spare areas, so your drive is verifying as it burns and getting around any problem areas on the disc, remapping them to the 'spare area'.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#42 dbminter

dbminter

ISF God

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:54 PM

The first disc was apparently bad as the Macrium Reflect verifies failed.  I just know that if I continued with these "capped" writes, the data would be corrupt on the 2nd disc that did that, too.

#43 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,380 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:24 PM

That's nothing to do with the speed it's burning.

Bad burns/discs are bad burns/discs.

You stand a better chance of things being 'ok' if the drive's defect management is active. Of course you're then stuck with slower burns and slightly less available disc space.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#44 dbminter

dbminter

ISF God

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:42 PM

Now this one was unexpected and inexplicable.  Macrium Reflect verifies on this one burn verified in the Windows version of the application, but failed in the WinPE boot version of the application!  :o  I test both because I remember Drive Image would do the same thing: Windows application version would verify but booting the disc into DOS and running the application, the verify might fail.  I don't remember which drive burned this BD-RE DL.  I was burning BD-RE DL from different images in both my Pioneer and LG at the same time, one in ImgBurn and one in Roxio.  And I didn't note on the Post It on this particular BD-RE DL which drive wrote it.  So, I'm reburning it in the Pioneer since I "know" the Pioneers write Verbatim BD-RE DL properly, where as LG's are nothing but problems writing to them.

As I should have said to myself, stick with Pioneers, you fool!  :lol:  Of course, this Pioneer I'm currently using is like 4 years old, sitting the last year or 2 on a shelf.  It was still working, save for the eject button issue, after a year and half.  When my 3rd Pioneer stopped writing to BD-RE correctly, I swapped it back in while I wait to get a new Pioneer to replace it with.  It may not be as good as I think.  :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users