Error while burning to DVD

Blueie

Hello

I am getting the following error when trying to burn a movie clip to a new blank DVD-RW (please see attachment).

I am hoping to resolve this rather than have to go out to buy blank DVDs again.

The log looks like this (please see other attachment).

What causes that error please - the burn speed was 8x.

Thanks!

post-52678-0-88110800-1513732911_thumb.jpg

ImgBurn.log

My guess is it's a Verbatim rewritable disc?  It seems LG drives might be pretty bad at writing them.  5 LG BD drives I've had don't like Verbatim BD-RE DL, always failing at the layer change, and they fail Verify on Verbatim 6x DVD-RW.

Try this if you're attempting to burn an image file to these DVD+RW.  It might work.  Don't write to an image file but in EZ picker mode, try Write files/folders to disc.  Try burning those same files/folders to the same disc in the same drive, but with EZ Pick mode's Write files/folders to disc.  I've discovered that if ImgBurn burns an ISO to a Verbatim BD-RE DL in my LG drive, it will fail the Verify.  If I use Write files/folders to disc, the Verify doesn't fail.  It's not a guaranteed solution, but it's worth a try.  I never got a chance to test my 6x Verbatim DVD-RW, but this does work on Verbatim BD-RE DL.  In fact, if another application writes the image file, it doesn't fail in the LG.  And a manual Verify run from ImgBurn against the file passes, too.

I can't take credit for this.  Someone else experiencing my same issues discovered this workaround.  And I've discovered it worked for me, too.  Doesn't mean it will work for Verbatim DVD+RW, but it's worth a shot.

Have you had those 8x DVD+RW for a while?  Last I checked, Ritek was the only manufacturer making 8x DVD+RW anymore.  And they stopped.  I bought the last 3 cake stacks that were on Amazon.com.  And I haven't found any 8x DVD+RW anywhere online with Google.

If bypassing the image file doesn't work, it may be those discs just aren't supported by your LG drive properly.  Notice how it doesn't accept the maximum write speed of 8x for that media in that drive.

Now, bypassing the image file has its own drawbacks.  If there's a read error during the write, it could be copied over to the target disc and the resulting files may be corrupt on the disc.  So, be sure to test the files afterwards to make sure they were written properly.

Yeah, another manufacturer of DVD might solve the problem.  Or, depending on the maker and your drive, could open a new avenue of problems.

Plus, if you went to write once media, like DVD-R, you'd probably have a better chance of compatibility.  Again, depends on the manufacturer and your drive.  However, a write once media will last longer than a DVD+RW, so there's the added longevity.  And DVD+RW might have a higher incompatibility rate with a stand alone DVD player versus a DVD-/+R.

Depends on the non-Verbatim DVD-R you get.  If you get a cheap one, it could be made by CMC Magnetics.  CMC causes about half of the problems we see on this board.

Verbatim is most likely not the problem.  If you get the DataLifePlus media Verbatim makes, it's the best stuff out there you can find.  Your DVD+RW was an MKM Verbatim, which is Mistubishi made.  And they make the best stuff out there.  It's most likely just a case of your LG drive not liking MKM DVD+RW.  Like how my LG doesn't like Verbatim MKM 6x DVD-RW but my Pioneer and ASUS do.

And you could probably still use DVD+RW.  Just get some 4x ones, which is all they make anymore.  4x DVD+RW will most likely have a higher drive compatibility than 8x.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.