Writing DVD-A DL structure, not getting layer break options

Mandrix

Hi all.

When creating a DVD-Audio DL image using both Audio TS & Video TS folders in build mode, I'm not getting the option to select the layer break when the calculator button is pressed.

The Auto checkbox next to the calculator is not selected.

When I go ahead and have ImgBurn create the image, I can see in the log that the layer break is created automagically by ImgBurn but with no input by  me.

This isn't the behaviour I remember from times past, what am I missing or not doing?

Edited by Mandrix

Probably because isn't DVD-A really just a series of super long menus?  I don't think there needs to a layer break pause on menus.  Now, if this DL were large enough that it might take up most of the space of a DL disc, ImgBurn would probably prompt you for a layer break pause.  Some menu would span the two layers.  As it probably stands now, the amount of contents can probably be easily split across two different layers without bridging one to the other.  ImgBurn probably made its own decision about spanning the material.  Sort of like if you have a VIDEO_TS that fits on one layer and you add some files to the root directory of the disc that makes the project a DL.  ImgBurn is smart enough to keep the VIDEO_TS on one layer, since it fits entirely on one layer, and shutter the other files to the 2nd layer, or span those between the Layer 0 and Layer 1 because those files wouldn't be affected during playback because they don't play in a DVD-Video job.

Makes sense. It has only prompted me to select a layer break on a few DVD-A structures...but I can say I've  burned a few DL lately and listened in 5.1 and watched whatever was offered in the way of photos/lyrics without the sound being disturbed that I could tell.

Thanks,guys!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.