ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

What the "definition" of 'Verify Failed'?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jorden243

jorden243

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:58 PM

Hey,

I'm using ImgBurn in the command line (windows 10), and I red that when I have a 'Verify failed' I should get errorlevel = 3. But when having a verify failed, The errorlevel is still 0..

So what is the definition of the verify failed?

When will I get errorlevel 3?

Thank you very much and sorry for my English!

I tried looking around the internet but didn't found anything about it..

#2 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,593 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:51 PM

What you've read wasn't a lie, you'll get errorlevel 3 when verify is unsuccessful.

That value is only set when you've specified /start and /close as CLI parameters though.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#3 jorden243

jorden243

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:13 PM

What you've read wasn't a lie, you'll get errorlevel 3 when verify is unsuccessful.

That value is only set when you've specified /start and /close as CLI parameters though.

Hey, thanks for answering.
I do have the CLOSE /START and /CLOSE parameter but errorlevel is still 0 when getting verify error

The command in the cmd is:
ImgBurn /MODE WRITE /SRC "C:\Users\user\Desktop\BdayPhotos.ISO" /DEST G: /START /COPIES 1 /VERIFY YES /EJECT YES /OVERWRITE NO /NOIMAGEDETAILS /CLOSE

and to get the errorlevel i'm writing: echo %errorlevel%

Edited by jorden243, 04 January 2018 - 02:50 PM.

#4 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,593 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 04:51 PM

Do any error codes actually get returned for you?

I've just tried with the following in a batch file and it printed out the number '1' as expected. (1 meaning no media in the drive or drive not ready)

@echo off
imgburn /mode isowrite /start /close
echo %errorlevel%
pause
btw, /overwrite and /noimagedetails don't apply to write mode.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#5 jorden243

jorden243

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:08 AM

Do any error codes actually get returned for you?

I've just tried with the following in a batch file and it printed out the number '1' as expected. (1 meaning no media in the drive or drive not ready)

@echo off
imgburn /mode isowrite /start /close
echo %errorlevel%
pause
btw, /overwrite and /noimagedetails don't apply to write mode.

Hey thanks for answering!

Error level 0-2 codes are wokring, but errorlevel code 3 (Verify failed) is not working..
Can you please test it in your computer (try to burn iso to dvd-r wait for the verify after the burn and, for example, physically change the disk to another disk so the verify will fail - [when doing so I didn't get any error level, the GUI just told me that something is wrong, the GUI closed and errorlevel was 0, like everything is OK instead of 3]).

Thank you so much again!

#6 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,593 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:19 AM

If verify fails under normal circumstances, it'll return error 3. If you mess with the disc during the tray cycling (not easy unless you have a laptop style drive), verify never actually begins - hence no errorlevel 3 return code.

I could make it return 3 there for a future version, but I'd probably prefer to return a different number so as to be able to distinguish between the 2 points of failure.

#7 jorden243

jorden243

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:24 AM

If verify fails under normal circumstances, it'll return error 3. If you mess with the disc during the tray cycling (not easy unless you have a laptop style drive), verify never actually begins - hence no errorlevel 3 return code.

I could make it return 3 there for a future version, but I'd probably prefer to return a different number so as to be able to distinguish between the 2 points of failure.

Ok thank you so much for your help!!! I'm excited for the next version!  :cheerleader:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users