What the "definition" of 'Verify Failed'?

jorden243

Hey,

I'm using ImgBurn in the command line (windows 10), and I red that when I have a 'Verify failed' I should get errorlevel = 3. But when having a verify failed, The errorlevel is still 0..

So what is the definition of the verify failed?

When will I get errorlevel 3?

Thank you very much and sorry for my English!

I tried looking around the internet but didn't found anything about it..

What you've read wasn't a lie, you'll get errorlevel 3 when verify is unsuccessful.

That value is only set when you've specified /start and /close as CLI parameters though.

Hey, thanks for answering.

I do have the CLOSE /START and /CLOSE parameter but errorlevel is still 0 when getting verify error

The command in the cmd is:

ImgBurn /MODE WRITE /SRC "C:\Users\user\Desktop\BdayPhotos.ISO" /DEST G: /START /COPIES 1 /VERIFY YES /EJECT YES /OVERWRITE NO /NOIMAGEDETAILS /CLOSE

and to get the errorlevel i'm writing: echo %errorlevel%

Edited by jorden243

Do any error codes actually get returned for you?

I've just tried with the following in a batch file and it printed out the number '1' as expected. (1 meaning no media in the drive or drive not ready)

@echo off
imgburn /mode isowrite /start /close
echo %errorlevel%
pause
btw, /overwrite and /noimagedetails don't apply to write mode.

Do any error codes actually get returned for you?

I've just tried with the following in a batch file and it printed out the number '1' as expected. (1 meaning no media in the drive or drive not ready)

@echo off
imgburn /mode isowrite /start /close
echo %errorlevel%
pause
btw, /overwrite and /noimagedetails don't apply to write mode.

Hey thanks for answering!

Error level 0-2 codes are wokring, but errorlevel code 3 (Verify failed) is not working..

Can you please test it in your computer (try to burn iso to dvd-r wait for the verify after the burn and, for example, physically change the disk to another disk so the verify will fail - [when doing so I didn't get any error level, the GUI just told me that something is wrong, the GUI closed and errorlevel was 0, like everything is OK instead of 3]).

Thank you so much again!

If verify fails under normal circumstances, it'll return error 3. If you mess with the disc during the tray cycling (not easy unless you have a laptop style drive), verify never actually begins - hence no errorlevel 3 return code.

I could make it return 3 there for a future version, but I'd probably prefer to return a different number so as to be able to distinguish between the 2 points of failure.

If verify fails under normal circumstances, it'll return error 3. If you mess with the disc during the tray cycling (not easy unless you have a laptop style drive), verify never actually begins - hence no errorlevel 3 return code.

I could make it return 3 there for a future version, but I'd probably prefer to return a different number so as to be able to distinguish between the 2 points of failure.

Ok thank you so much for your help!!! I'm excited for the next version!  :cheerleader:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.