[Solved] Need help with batch file imgburn command

vollachr

Hi,

I have a large batch file, I need to create ISO files from content of sub folders as part of it, my command:

@for /d %%i in ("*.*") do "%MYFILES%\ImgBurn.exe" /mode build /buildmode imagefile /src "%ISOSRC%\%%i\\" /dest "%ISOTARGET%\%%i.iso" /FILESYSTEM "UDF" /UDFREVISION "2.5" /VOLUMELABEL "%%i" /start /CLOSE /NOIMAGEDETAILS /PRESERVEFULLPATHNAMES no /rootfolder yes

Now, let's say that %ISOSRC% is c:\folder1

Inside of C:\Folder1 there is one or more folders, I need to create ISO from the content of each of these sub-folders without having the sub-folder itself in the root of the ISO, so for example:

for C:\Folder1\Sub1\

I need to have the contents of Sub1 in the root of the ISO.

A long time ago I got it working, but it doesn't anymore, each time I use the above command I get ISO files with the Folder in the root instead of the folder contents.

Can you help?

Thank you.

Note: Yes, I did search, I know there are topics about the command line on the forum and many other forums, problem is, everything I found seem to suggest I do everything correctly, yet it still won't work, I hope someone can point me to what I'm missing.

UPDATE: Seems my command is correct, it just doesn't work with ImgBurn 2.5.8.0, it's fine on 2.5.7.0, did something change with the command line switches in 2.5.8.0?

UPDATE 2: Nevermind, I figured it out eventually, it seems the command is case sensitive in 2.5.8.0, meaning I needed to change the yes for the ROOTFOLDER switch to capital YES, stupid thing!

Edited by vollachr

I very much doubt things changed between the two versions.

Unless the extra parameter was never required, I'd have no reason to touch that chunk of code.

I don't know what to tell you...

Fact remain, when I use 2.5.7.0 it doesn't matter if it's /ROOTFOLDER yes or /rootfolder yes or /ROOTFOLDER YES

With v2.5.8.0 it does, it only worked when it's all caps

The code hasn't changed since before 2011.

On top of that, what you type in can be any combination of lower/upper case as it's made uppercase within the code before any comparison takes place.

So whatever the issue was, I'm afraid it wasn't that.

Well, that's the only thing I changed, so I don't know that to tell you, it can't even be an installation issue since for the purpose of the batch file I work with a standalone version of the ImgBurn executable, placed in a custom path defined in the batch file.

And once again, with 2.5.7.0 it worked as intended, with 2.5.8.0, only when I changed it to all uppercase.

If you can't explain it, well, I certainly can't, either way, it works now, so I'll leave it at that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.