No Writers Detected Windows 10 64-bit

SamStam

I installed DVD43 then ImgBurn.

I'm not sure that DVD43 installed correctly even though I got no error messages.

I'm getting "No Writers Detected" from ImgBurn when I try to burn an ISO created with DVD Shrink. The Original DVD was one I got in the mail from Netflix.

I would first make sure Windows is recognizing that you have a drive connected.  Make sure it shows up as a drive letter in File Explorer/Windows Explorer.  If Windows detects the drive, make sure it actually is a burner and not just a ROM drive.  Have you written to this drive before in DVD43, if it writes to optical disc? 

Are there no drives detected at all when you start ImgBurn?  Check the log window and see if ImgBurn detects anything.  Maybe it's only detecting a ROM drive, even though the drive may be a burner.  Go into Read mode and see if ImgBurn recognizes a read only drive.

Open ImgBurn and without doing anything else, copy and paste the log from the log Window of what ImgBurn generates on start.  That might help us some more.

I'd be more likely to first make sure the drive is actually a writer and not a ROM drive.

Also check under Device Manager and make sure there are no error messages that might indicate a problem with the drive.  And check to make sure some writer is detected.

If Windows detects a writer, try writing files to it in File Explorer/Windows Explorer.  Make sure it actually works under Windows and that it's just ImgBurn not detecting it.

If Windows does detect it, you could try any of the other interface driver options (I'm not too familiar with those.) in ImgBurn and see if you can coax ImgBurn into finding a writer.

Beyond that, maybe LUK can offer more help than I.

Hmmm ... despite what the guy on Ebay told me maybe this is not a DVD burner. It is recognized by Windows as a TEAC DV-28S-V drive.

ImgBurn log indicates it found a DVD-ROM drive.

Log:

I 15:16:27 ImgBurn Version 2.5.8.0 started!
I 15:16:27 Microsoft Windows 8 Professional x64 Edition (6.2, Build 9200)
I 15:16:27 Total Physical Memory: 15,623,792 KiB  -  Available: 11,033,360 KiB
I 15:16:27 Initialising SPTI...
I 15:16:27 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 15:16:28 -> Drive 1 - Info: TEAC DV-28S-V 1.0B (D:) (ATA)
I 15:16:28 Found 1 DVD-ROM!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.