Set Region Code on DVD?

blacklash123

If you mean can you set a region code on a recordable disc, like DVD+/-R or DVD+/-R DL, I don't believe so.  I believe, but I'm not sure, that region codes are hard coded onto pressed DVD's.

If you mean set the region code on a drive, then ImgBurn has that somewhere.  I think it's available when you right click a drive in the drop down list of available drives in Write mode.

Edited by dbminter

If you mean can you set a region code on a recordable disc, like DVD+/-R or DVD+/-R DL, I don't believe so.  I believe, but I'm not sure, that region codes are hard coded onto pressed DVD's.

If you mean set the region code on a drive, then ImgBurn has that somewhere.  I think it's available when you right click a drive in the drop down list of available drives in Write mode.

So burning content onto a DVD will always result in Region 0? That means any country can view it. Is there a way to prevent some countries from watching it?

Yes and no. There’s no facility for setting the media region code on writable DVD’s. All you can do is set the software type one in the ifo itself.

You can set the ifo region in your authoring software and licensed players will reject it if they aren’t from a matching region.

Yes and no. There’s no facility for setting the media region code on writable DVD’s. All you can do is set the software type one in the ifo itself.

You can set the ifo region in your authoring software and licensed players will reject it if they aren’t from a matching region.

Do you know of any software to set the ifo region?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.