Setting the layer break position dialog

dbminter

When creating a DVD-9 DVD Video where the VIDEO_TS contents span across both layers, when you exit Advanced edit mode, ImgBurn asks you to set a layer break position.  Then, when you go to actually build the image, ImgBurn asks, again, where you want to set the layer break position.

Can this 2nd setting of the layer break position be turned off?  If no, should the code behavior be altered so you're not asked twice for the layer break position?  If you already know where you want to set it when first asked, it just takes extra time that you won't need to close off the dialog again.  I never require changing the layer break position after I set it the first time.

Thanks!

It doesn’t ask twice by default ;)

Turn off auto calculate, it’s only asking you because you’ve enabled it.

Things can change between you selecting something as part of the calculate process and then actually doing the build / burn... and it makes no attempt to check for those things.

Hm, I don't think turning off Auto Calculate would do me any good.  I disabled it, but discovered I'd have to manually press Calculate each time I create something to make sure it doesn't exceed type size limit.  It's just as "time consuming" as having to do 2 layer break calculations.  I'm not saving much time either way.

I think it's "more convenient" to have my jobs auto calculated and have to double up on the layer break positions versus pressing Calculate every time.

Actually, now that I think about it more closely, I can probably do without Auto calculate.  In the Advanced build interface, the bottom of the window tells you the size the image will be, the media it fits on, and how much space is left on that particular media type.  I generally pay more attention to that than the Calculate window's information.  And if I ever need that info, I can always manually press the Calculate button in the few cases where I might need it.

After trying it with Auto turned off, I'm actually doing more work than I'd be doing by just clicking OK in the 2nd layer break dialog.  Because without Auto calculate, I have to manually set the Options for a DVD Video job.  ImgBurn will do this before building an image, but it won't let me change the ISO label field without cancelling the build and manually going in and changing it afterwards.  ImgBurn will set default labels for the ISO and UDF fields, but it rarely sets them to what I want.

So, I'll just stick with Auto calculate.  I'm doing less work by going into the layer break options twice versus turning off Auto calculate.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.