ImgBurn created 2 folders in the same directory with the same name

Dang Ho

I can't explain this one, but it was present in the .ibb file I saved.  So, it doesn't appear to be some kind of Windows Explorer reading the files wrong from disc.

I have two folders named Temporary Burn Folder in a root directory called Disc on a BD-R I burned.  These folders are supposed to be named 1 Of 2 and 2 Of 2.  I reloaded the saved.ibb file and the two folders are both named Temporary Burn Folder in the .ibb.

I can't explain this.  How can ImgBurn save the same folder name to two different folders?   :unsure:  Also, how can Windows Explorer navigate the contents when there are 2 folders with the same name?  I've checked the contents on the BD-R I burned and both folders are navigable and contains no corrupted contents.

I have to admit.  I'm stumped on this one.   :unknown:

I had this happen once or twice before.  I couldn't explain it either.  Somehow, on the disc I burned, TWO folders in the same sub-directory were named the same thing, Temporary Burn Folder.  I didn't think that was even possible under Windows's file structure.  My folders were also supposed to be named Disc 1 Of 2 and Disc 2 Of 2.  I also burned to BD-R.  It was reproducable for a while but after I rebooted, it stopped doing that.

There is no way those names are coming from ImgBurn.

From what I've read, the name is just a logical/virtual one and comes from the (hidden) desktop.ini file within the folder.

The actual names of the folders are different, hence why you can 'explore' both of them.

Which makes sense.  After all, I believe long file/folder names are actually still 8.3 names with ~ in them and desktop.ini may just link the long file name with the 8.3 name.  :unsure:

For reference, here are two related posts I made about this topic where I encountered this same thing:

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/24759-imgburn-created-2-folders-in-the-same-directory-with-the-same-name/?hl=%2Btemporary+%2Bburn+%2Bfolder

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/24760-drag-and-drop-from-optical-renames-target-folder-as-temporary-burn-folder-on-fall-creators-update/?hl=%2Btemporary+%2Bburn+%2Bfolder&do=findComment&comment=160787

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.