HELP!! Incorrect function error

afloydfreak

Great forum! Lots of good info. Searched but cannot find anything on this:

Started getting this error a few days ago. Can't seem to figure out why???????????

Now banging head against wall LOL

Any help on this much appreciated.

Screen cap and Imgburn log attached.

TIA,

Afloydfreak

post-57222-0-14802000-1521117016_thumb.png

ImgBurn log.txt

ImgBurn will burn BDMV folders.  What happens exactly when you try to burn BDMV folders?  Do you get the same error?

As to the nature of the error, I can see a few potential things.  How old this drive?  The Pioneer 208, I think, is a pretty old BD burner.  The drive might have simply come to the end of its life cycle. 

I see you were using Ricoh media.  Have you always used this Ricoh media before?  It may be your drive doesn't like that particular Disc ID.  Are you burning this ISO to DVD or BD media?  Ricoh media can be pretty iffy for some drives.  It's a generally lower tier quality media.  If it's a DVD disc, try using Verbatim DataLife Plus media, which you can only find online.  NOT the Life Media series you find in stores.  If it's BD, try Verbatim BD if you haven't already.  Unless it's BD-RE SL.  Don't use Verbatim BD-RE SL.

Try updating the firmware of this drive.  Pioneer recently released the 1.50 branch of its current and older BD drives after more than a year of no updates.  That might help.  You should do it anyway even if it doesn't.  In Write mode, right click on the drop down list of target drives and choose the option to Check for firmware updates.

Post the entire log of this failed burn, not just the error screen that pops up.  Help --> ImgBurn Logs

That error is coming from Windows. It looks like something it blocking the Write commands or your drive is erroring out and something is then masking the real error code.

It's weird that 16x media is only coming up as being supported at 2.4x. Normally that would mean the firmware doesn't support it.

Do you have any other discs you can try?

Thanks all, Lightning UK correct! Had been using Imgburn for years with no probs.

Something went wrong with Windows 10 and bang Imgburn wouldn't function.

Decided to go back to W7 and wala, we're back in business.

Might of been a windows update gone array? Surprised many others aren't having problems.....

Anyway thanks for help.

AFF

Booting into Safe Mode would be my next troubleshooting suggestion, too.  You can then see if it's something in your Windows installation that might be causing the problem.  As LUK said, some kind of software interference, like antivirus.

It could be the drive needs replacing.  I'd also see about getting an enclosure and putting the drive in that and testing and see if you still get that or other errors.  However, an enclosure isn't necessarily a viable idea.  I put my new Pioneer 209 BD in one and was getting weird errors where Writes and Verifies would drop to 0.0x and never resume.  So, I installed the drive internally, since that was always its intended target.  It worked.  So, either my enclosure has died after just 2 months or there's an incompatibility between the 209 and the enclosure.

Swapping out the drive would also verify if the drive is the problem or some kind of software interference or a different hardware error.  However, of course, any swapping out of drives for other drives or putting them in an enclosure requires work and sufficient knowledge in cracking open the PC case.

Drive and/or disc not the issue. Two drives, neither will work. Tried several different disc manufacturers. Nada

I can burn mkv files to disc no problem.

Disc Image files or BDMV folder won't burn.

Not an anti-virus issue either because mkv files will burn just fine.

Sure has me stumped!

Yes, under what context do you mean that BDMV folders will write?  Are you writing them to ISO first and burning them or using the on the fly build?  Or using some other program entirely to write these folders to discs?

• 4 months later...

I had this problem back in January and never did get it figured out. Tried multiple fresh installations and finally went back to an old install on an old hard drive when everything was working fine. Now that hard drive has crashed so I'm doing a fresh install Windows 10 again on a brand new SSD, and back to this issue again. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.