Write output lines to the log file on disc as they are each generated?

dbminter

Every time ImgBurn generates a line in the log, does it write the log to the disc each time?  Or does it queue the entire log until the operation is completed and then the log file is written to disc?  :unsure:

If it writes the log only after an operation is completed, might I suggest that ImgBurn write to the log file each time it generates an output message?  That way, if an operation fails due to a command that never completes, the log can still be viewable.

Ah, then might i again :wink: suggest that each line be written to the log on disk as it's generated in case someone does have to terminate the application?  I suggested this because someone else posted a problem where they couldn't post a log because they had to terminate a locked up ImgBurn.

Ah, that's a shame. 

I remember 22 years ago, mIRC used to queue an entire log before writing it to disk after the chat window was closed.  Unfortunately, the application would frequently crash when the log size reached a certain limit, losing the log.  It eventually was changed to write each line of the chat window to the log on disc after it was sent.  This prevented the loss of chat logs.

Just to explain that, it's due to the entire log from the most recent instance of ImgBurn being saved at the top of the file (but still with individual lines in oldest to newest order), rather than the bottom.

I'd need to just be able to append to it so as to avoid writing out the entire file to the disc each time a line gets added.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.