ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Cannot burn DTS wav image

Forum Rules

Read the Guides forum if you don't know how to do something. :readbook:
If you have a question or a problem, check the FAQ and use the Search to see if you can find the answer for yourself. :lightbulb:
If you're having trouble burning double layer media, read Here.
Still stuck? Create a new thread and describe your issue in detail.
Make sure you include a copy of the program's log in your post. No log = :chair:

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BarnOwl

BarnOwl

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:34 PM

Having problems burning a wav image.  Tried my Acer pc, which completed the burn, but then failed to Verify. I tried it in the player, but that came up "No Disc"",  so I tried my HP laptop, which in the past has been more reliable, but that would not complete the burn. HP log file attached - does it give anyone any clues as to what my problem is, or may be?  Thanks.

Attached Files

#2 Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n

ISF Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:07 PM

.Wav isn't an image format. That's an audio file extension type. Nothing more.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Official Dutch (nl-BE) translator for:

Internet Download Manager, ALL Slysoft products, VSO ConvertXtoDVD, various joomla extensions & components

#3 dbminter

dbminter

ISF God

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:07 PM

It seems he was burning a CUE file that resulted in an about 700 MB image.  But, as Ch3vr0n said, WAV isn't an image file.  ImgBurn creates image files from WAV files, though, when creating CUE files.

As for what's going on, I'd first suggest trying something other than Sony brand.  I've found most Sony products since 2002 to be mostly junk.

Since you've tried multiple drives on different PC's but used the same media each time, probably, I'd try using something like Verbatim DataLife Plus CD-R (NOT the Life series.) first to see if that does the trick.

As for the cause, it's either a drive that isn't working right or, most likely in this case, an issue where the drive doesn't like Sony's CD-R's.

I admit I've never heard of a Reason: Track Following Error before, so I don't know what it means.

#4 BarnOwl

BarnOwl

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:23 AM

Thanks guys - I'm off shopping for better CDs.  Who'd have thought Sony were junk - still, they were bought from a supermarket....????

#5 dbminter

dbminter

ISF God

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 03:08 PM

In fact, you won't find any good media in a store.  Verbatim DataLife Plus media can only be found online.  Even the Verbatim you find in stores is the Life series, which is junk.

#6 BarnOwl

BarnOwl

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:26 AM

Thanks again for your guidance - much appreciated.

#7 BarnOwl

BarnOwl

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:08 AM

Just to update and close this thread, my Verbatim DataLife Plus CD-Rs arrived in the post today, and worked perfectly...

A lesson learned.

Thanks again to all concerned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users