Burning a CD

Blueie

Hello

I am trying to copy files from a bought CD onto my Desktop PC and then burn those same files onto a blank CD (I only have one CD/DVD drive).

I have copied (I think) or read the files from the bought CD into their own folder on my Desktop using ImgBurn. The files in this folder have a strange file name and I am not sure if, again using ImgBurn, they will actually burn onto a blank CD. The files in the folder look like this (attached).

Am I doing this right, please?

post-52678-0-17067000-1522565306_thumb.jpg

Hello Lightening

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to follow your advice using a DVD and not a CD (I have run out of them), but it didn't like the DVD, so I will have to get hold of some blank CDs.

Thanks again!

By "advice," I guessed he meant he followed a Guide.

Now, you did use Read mode to create that BIN file, right?  I mean, you have an audio CD you're trying to copy?  In other words, just asking on the incredibly off chance you had a data CD that just happened to have the files format of an audio CD you read to an image file set in ImgBurn on the disc itself that you copied over.  Most likely not.  :)  It seems you, most likely, read an audio CD using ImgBurn's Read function.

Thanks.

Yes, ImgBurn did say 'reading' and not saving. Then I got 'operation successful' and saving the audio files to my Desktop.

Then I opened up ImgBurn, inserted a blank DVD in the CD/DVD tray, and clicked on Write Image after selecting a source file and then destination file. 

It tried to burn the files to disk from my Desktop, but then I got that disk error which I put down to trying to use a blank DVD as an audio CD.

Thanks gain for your message.

I would have thought ImgBurn would let you burn the CD-Audio image to a writable DVD, but warn you you're underburning, e.g. using the wrong media.  I would have thought it should still would have allowed you to do it.

I believe I tried writing a CD-Audio image to a BD-RE once because it was faster and I just needed to test playing it in Windows, not on a CD player.  And that wouldn't work.

Oh, wait, maybe that was .CUE files created from containers that wouldn't burn to BD-RE.  :unsure:

Anyway, yeah, if you want a CD that plays in an audio CD player, you'll need CD-R/RW.  And your CD player has to support CD-R and RW and support the particular brand you're using.

Maybe BIN/CUE can only be written to CD-R/RW.  I know the Create CUE File function can only burn to those media.  Doesn't even write to an image file.  I don't use BIN/CUE as I have ImgBurn set to create .CCD files, which saves the BIN as a .IMG file.

Standalone CD/DVD players generally check the type of media you've inserted to determine what to play.  So, it won't play audio CD, generally, unless you insert a CD media.  Thus, you'll want a CD-R/RW for this instance.  Of course, the player has to support those functions/media and play nice with the media manufacturer you've burned to.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.