ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

[Help] Is it okay to pop a disc out of the burner mid-burn during pop-up messages?

Forum Rules

Read the Guides forum if you don't know how to do something. :readbook:
If you have a question or a problem, check the FAQ and use the Search to see if you can find the answer for yourself. :lightbulb:
If you're having trouble burning double layer media, read Here.
Still stuck? Create a new thread and describe your issue in detail.
Make sure you include a copy of the program's log in your post. No log = :chair:

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sheilaanderson

sheilaanderson

ISF Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:01 PM

About a week ago I was burning a single-layer BD-R disc. And shortly after I began the burn process I got a warning window that popped up. I don't remember the exact error message. But to the best of my recollection it was something like "Cannot interpet" or "Bad interpretation". I just don't know. 

Anyway, the software kept asking me if I would like to re-try (re-reading the bad sector I'm guessing) so I kept hitting re-try a few times. But after several re-try attempts I just said, "fuh-get-about-it" and had the ImgBurn software close the disc so I would have a successful yet very small partially burned BD-R.

I wanted to take the disc completely out of the burner in between these re-try requests and see if I could spot check the disc for stray dust particles and wipe it clean if necessary. But I was also afraid that the software might abort the burn completely and I would have nothing but a completely worthless BD-R.

So, my question is, can I physically eject a BD-R disc mid-burn (obviously during these pop-up window messages) and check it for stray dust particles and wipe it clean if necessary and re-insert the BD-R disc without causing the software to abort the current burn process?

I've burned so many single-layer BD-R discs successfully from Optical Quantum that I tend to believe this was my fault more than a defective disc. So, this is why I ask.

Thanks for reading!

#2 dbminter

dbminter

ISF God

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,835 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 04:58 PM

I don't know, but I'd have to say no.  In fact, you could probably only eject the drive using the pin hole eject.  ImgBurn locks drives for exclusive access so nothing else can interfere with an operation.  Thus, an eject command shouldn't work at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users