burn audio dvd

sussertown

I have a file that's just a little too big for a cd so I have to use a dvd. The wav file will only burn to another wav file rather than to an audio format. I tried Nero burn and imgburn. Imgburn is just too cryptic. What's the solution I'm missing? I tried windows media player too.

I have a file that's just a little too big for a cd so I have to use a dvd. The wav file will only burn to another wav file rather than to an audio format. I tried Nero burn and imgburn. Imgburn is just too cryptic. What's the solution I'm missing? I tried windows media player too.

You're not making any sense

WAV IS an audio format

There's no such thing as an audio DVD

You can't 'burn' wav to another wav, wav is an audio file extension type like mp3

Imgburn only burns what you give it. If it's too big to fit a CD, then recode it like mp3 or lower the bitrate so it will fit

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Edited by Ch3vr0n

He could create a DVD Audio disc with a WAV that's too big to fit on a CD.

First, define "too big."  Do you mean its file size is too big to fit on a CD?  If so, then, you'll need a DVD to fit it.

Are you trying to create an Audio CD with this WAV?  If so, the file size may be too large to fit on a CD, but as long as the WAV file is under 80 minutes, you can use Create CUE in ImgBurn to burn an Audio CD.

If you're trying to create an Audio CD that plays in a CD player, you'll need to use a CD media.  If the WAV file is too long, in terms of playing time, there's little you can do.  You can try overburning an Audio CD, but I've rarely gotten that to work and you need certain hardware that supports it.  I got one Audio CD overburned once, but it was only over by like 3 seconds.

If your WAV is too long, then you can try creating a DVD Audio disc.  This just takes your WAV file and makes fancy, long playing DVD menus of the audio.  You can't navigate them except by chapter breaks, though.  I don't know what else creates DVD Audio as I use Roxio Creator whenever I have to do that.

If you want this WAV to play on a DVD player that supports playing audio container files like WAV, then just burn the WAV to a DVD file.

If you still want to fit this WAV on a CD and you don't need need to play a CD in an audio CD player and you don't mind playing this WAV as a video container, you could convert the WAV to something like video MP4, AVI, MPG, etc.  Freemake Video Converter will do this.

You're not making any sense

WAV IS an audio format

There's no such thing as an audio DVD

You can't 'burn' wav to another wav, wav is an audio file extension type like mp3

Imgburn only burns what you give it. If it's too big to fit a CD, then recode it like mp3 or lower the bitrate so it will fit

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Let me tell you what doesn't make any sense. The use of your first sentence. Your post would have been fine without that. This is the problem with young techies these days; some have not learned courtesy or how to use language as a mature individual.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.